SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 20 Women’s BB Season

SiouxFan100

40 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

I have no doubt Selland is missed but your team is experienced team with number of seniors on this team plus sophomores and juniors with a lot of game experience. Und lost Leet not stand out player but experienced player plus area where they lacking a lot of experienced depth. The thing Leet brings to team is dominating size and presence when she plays defense and on offense was she was 6' 5" where she could pick up scrap buckets inside but something unique in that she could move out past 3 point line and hit that shot if she was not covered which meant that opened up the lane when she moved outside to feed ball to other players. This has changed our offense for our guards now and I believe its why were struggling to shoot the ball and they are going to have to get used to shooting with more pressure on them and in more crowed in the paint. This UND team is very young team with only one senior and couple of juniors on this team and even these players were first time seeing major minutes for this team. I do believe this UND team is going to be a presence by time tournament times rolls around because freshman are learning 

Alaina Jarnot is the only senior this year.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, jacksfan29 said:

. Hopefully UND does not do what NDSU did, give up on Women's basketball.

SDSU and USD need UND to be good. 

NDSU has been, and still is this year, historically bad. But I have confidence that Jory Collins can finally turn it around when he gets his kids in. The 2 best players in the program have to sit out this year for transfer reasons. I think we will find out today it is still USD and SDSU and then the rest of the Summit. I think we will find out, even though UND will win, they are closer to NDSU than the SD schools.

I think the Leet injury hurts a lot. would say that she is a difference maker who has greatly improved over the years.

I have watched su play a few times and they have looked good at times.

I don’t know if you can call UND the favorite today.

Though our young players are talented I am not handling conference championships to UND. As we all know, there is such a huge gap between the South Dakota schools and everyone else. Not sure if we can overcome that gap in two or three years.

46 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU has been, and still is this year, historically bad. But I have confidence that Jory Collins can finally turn it around when he gets his kids in. The 2 best players in the program have to sit out this year for transfer reasons. I think we will find out today it is still USD and SDSU and then the rest of the Summit. I think we will find out, even though UND will win, they are closer to NDSU than the SD schools.

Thanks for the annual "we are bad but you are only a little bit better" post.

51 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU is worse this year than they were last year, that's not a good sign, IMO.  Should've been a motivation bump at the very least.  

4 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I'm guessing his #1 priority is to convince a girl from Roseau that she would look good in Green and Gold.

47 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Brew really has them playing some tough D today!  This team is trending straight to the gutter.....

Ridiculous.......same off ball screen play over and over. 

That is on coaching and lack of effort by the players.

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I think the refs have a contest .  The ref that calls the most fouls get a steak dinner.

2 men....1 woman crew.  She's out to prove a point. She's called twice as many as the 2 guys combined. It's pathetic.

On 12/22/2019 at 10:41 AM, RogerRoger12 said:

We are 9-3, with a chance to go to 10-3 in the non conference... it’s getting a little quite on this board, anyone who thought Brew should be fired must went to hide.  I’m sure the first sense of trouble the haters will be back out, but the quite right now is nice !  

With that said, with What that staff is doing with these freshman and the obvious development of the older players is unreal!  Summit League will be tough, but you can’t argue the start

Bump.  

Let's recognize we are seeing more of the same. I think there are some pieces but the team appears to be regressing.   

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If UND at any point would have decided to play some defense they win by 15. Atrocious is being kind on the defensive end. The better team didn't win.....the better team gave it away. 

I agree UND may have better players, but your coach doesn't appear to have much if any of a coaching philosophy. He appears to just tell his players to play as fast as possible, full court press and be as physical as possible. Then complain that the refs called the game too tight. UND's girls generally deserve their fouls. BTW, the free throw were 33 for UND and 38 for NDSU, which is fairly even considering at least 10 of NDSU's were from intentional fouls at the end of the game.