SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 20 Women’s BB Season

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Remember this: Brewster wasn't hired by Chaves. Chaves will have every incentive to put his own guy in there, especially if the team isn't doing well.

Maybe that is why Jones left before he was let go? Maybe there is a feeling in the athletic dept now with Chavez that just because you are under contract your job may not be safe. I don’t think they will fire Brew after this year though with another year left on his contract. Larsen fired Walseth before hers ended, but he really had no choice.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Are you saying they didn’t recruit her at all? It wouldn’t surprise me. I think Walseth didn’t think ND or ND girls were good enough for her.

If the betting line was 0.5 contacts during the recruitment process and you bet the over you lost.

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We are down by five at the half. We have 14 turnovers. Nothing  new here with the tos but still frustrating.

So great first half for us. Afraid of the 2nd half.

31-26. Hanging tough.

I want to say our D is great but......USD couldn't shoot it into the ocean from the edge of the Santa Monica Pier in the first half

Brewster took over with Gene Roebucks blessing but the last couple years all Brew can do is YAWN on the bench when things go wrong.  GR would have lit their *sses on FIRE if not during the game at practice the next week.   Complacency seems to become the norm and a player who bailed out (FF) is now leading Montana State into the Big Sky tourney.  Maybe that was a thing about her Major but if not, how much better would have been with her or certain other players (?!) still in the program??? 

In the D2 days it was UND running up games by 30 or 40 points against conference opponents.  South Dakota schools have found a way - MORE THAN TIME we did too!  Thanks Brew but it's time to say Goodbye!

• Like 1

I continue to follow the Big Sky Conference and I miss some of the competition we played there. I was at  Montana State women's basketball site they had article there about Fallyn Freije and there she said for some reasons she came to Montana State. https://msubobcats.com/news/2020/2/22/womens-basketball-unflappable-fallyn-freije-lets-emotion-flow-after-leading-cats-past-lady-griz.aspx. I found it quite interesting and remember Brew was said she was to take a lessor role here at UND and now see the kind of success she having out there where her talents are being utilized. I feel we have seen this recently with a lot of UND players and I think its time AD needs to look at change coaching here at UND. Brew has done a lot of good things for the program and he now again has recruited I believe above average talent. I just think the program needs a change because were not seeing development of this talent and also I believe were not putting this talent in position improve the talent they have as players. I am reluctant for advocating change in coaches because to many times us as fans don't understand what's all going on with a team but to me things have been going wrong way now for number of years and I have not seen any improvement in our quality of play and I do not believe its because of the talent we have. I look at NDSU new higher seen what he has done with talent he took over and how they improved as the season has gone along and I look at us with the talent we have had and if anything we have not improved much from the beginning of season and this has been happening now for several years. I believe if we can higher the right coach we can compete with anyone in this conference which means we should be able to compete at national level. 

• Upvote 2