SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 20 Women’s BB Season

SiouxFan100

On 2/17/2020 at 4:00 AM, ND-fan said:

The freshmen on this team are talented and are going to get better. Leet was player making the jump this year in what she had learned in past couple of seasons and not having her has hurt this team defensively and offensively. Jaclyn Jarnot  has struggled as the season has gone along and I don't know the reason for this but I have seen this with other players under Brew. I wonder if it not where these players are put in position to succeed and soon loose confidence in there game. I don't see how we haven't addressed the turnover issue this has been problem now for at least 4 years and has been getting worse. This last game we had 28 turnovers to Western Illinois 15 reflecting 13 minus turnover at over a point a turnover this alone is where we lost this game. Not to mention amount of fouls we commit a game and points given up on fouls. Pretty hard to overcome these two areas and win a basketball game. This game is not only game where this has been happening for UND and I have seen no addressing this either in there play or even coaching staff talking about it.  I still like this team and they have a lot of talent if it is used right but right now were off track with style of basketball were trying to play especially in the Summit league. 

J.J. was 0-6 last night.  Too bad, this team needs her scoring

I agree and you can see the talent she has and I think it comes down to confidence which is so important for athletes to have if they are going to succeed. She has that size to play the wing for UND which should provide her with opportunities in mismatches to become effective scorer. I just think she needs to start having some success and I also think coaching staff has to start believing in her even when things are not going good and if not they are just wasting her talent.  She reminds me a little of like Maddie Buck in her size and her offensive abilities more of perimeter player not inside player which they are asking of her now to play.

Just now, petey23 said:

UND seems uninterested in playing defense at all. It looks like a walk through where you play at about 60-70% effort just to give the offense the opportunity to run their offense with little to no resistance.

Exactly.....I have said this repeatedly.

Paging the Tin Man......

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Only gave up 82 today.  So there's a plus.  Although the team that scored 82 totally sucks, so...yah.  

I've seen enough of Brew.  This is taking on a Jonesy feel now...staying way too long.  

The ladies gave more effort dancing in the stands, taking selfies and cheering for the men's team last night in the north end bleachers.

We gave an effort. We have decent players. We do stupid plays. We do inconsistent. Seems like we should be better than what we do. Defense is suspect. We do turnovers - too many unforced turnovers. Seems like we should shoot better than what we do. We seem to lose the player we are guarding. We do give up offensive rebounds when the opponent is shooting free throws. I like to think we have talent. We do have lots of short players. Idk?

17 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I don't like his coaching style at all.  His best outside shooters are on the bench too often when trailing the opponent.  Borowicz, Manson and Keplin need to be in the game.

Borowicz should never leave court unless she asks for a breather.

25 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I don't like his coaching style at all.  His best outside shooters are on the bench too often when trailing the opponent.  Borowicz, Manson and Keplin need to be in the game.

The player I like to watch is Lane, seems to be athletic