SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Western Michigan -- Friday

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

What we know is brad Schloss has about of 50/50 chance of being right!

Good for Brad!

I am waiting for someone to say that we shouldn’t talk about the regional. One game at a time

I want to talk about the regional and don’t care about each game and how we get there.

get there and let’s go all the way

Berry: "First five minutes was key. Penalty kill was good. Goalie best pker. Turn the page. Same effort tomorrow. Western too many looks in the second. Get Bowen tomorrow, he'll have fresh legs. Scoreboard watching hoping du loses to get home ice."

Hennessy: "finally got some puck luck." - win or lose the guy seems to love his puck luck talk.

Really solid start and nice to see guys take advantage of opportunities. Scheel came up with some very timely saves and was solid throughout. Thought Western Michigan definitely got frustrated with the way UND was able to take away the stretch pass and make things real tough in the neutral zone. Find a way to get the job done again tomorrow.

Let's face it, we know this team can beat anybody, but right now we need to put a string of wins together,  because losses will push you right back down in the pairwise.  We also need to hope Denver and Duluth don't tie giving both teams points. Definitely would be huge to take care of business tomorrow and see where that puts us

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Let's face it, we know this team can beat anybody, but right now we need to put a string of wins together,  because losses will push you right back down in the pairwise.  We also need to hope Denver and Duluth don't tie giving both teams points. Definitely would be huge to take care of business tomorrow and see where that puts us

Please excuse my ignorance 

I assume we want the favorites to win so go Duluth??

Just now, Wilbur said:

17th in the pairwise you say?  How this group can wax Western at Lawson yet get swept by Canisius......

Well I mentioned parity in college hockey and got crushed here so I will not mention parity again!

:0

I also wondered aloud about hockey not being a fair game and got crushed so I won’t make that mistake again!

:whistling:

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Please excuse my ignorance 

I assume we want the favorites to win so go Duluth??

It's tough to say, we are tied with Denver, but they have two games in hand until they finish tonight, and they finish with Miami, Omaha, and CC, all at the bottom. Plus they have the tie break against us.   We still play Duluth, and they finish at St. Cloud, although St. Cloud might have everything wrapped up by then. We still could catch Duluth too. Just hope they both don't get points. Pairwise speaking, the higher Duluth is when we play them, the higher potential we have to climb. Bottom line is we just need to take care of ourselves.  Just win baby!

We seemed to be a little less predictable in the offensive zone.   Maybe my imagination, maybe its just what Western was giving us, but we looked a little more willing to concede possession to try for a scoring chance.   (For example the old fashioned centering pass .from behind the net .. which almost always goes through traffic.)