SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Canisius January 4-5, 2019

Dave Berger

How many see exactly the same thing happening with hockey as football?

Bubba many other places gets his walking papers.  Instead, we fire the assistant coach everyone hates and he is given one more year to prove what we likely already know. 

After they miss the postseason does Berry give Shaw his walking papers and a new guy is brought in and Berry is given another year to prove what we already know?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, John W. said:

character assassination   seems to be your trait...ya, 15 straight years are doubtful these days, but some conferences are really weak.......get a grip on 'reality'....times have changed....I see by your location...where you are from...so am not surprised by your thought process....Dynasties are a thing of the past....

Assassination? With you it’s more like suicide.

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Does anyone have a legit reason that Hak wouldn't come back? 

I get that Eades is unlikely, but other than some guess that Hak wouldn't want to step on his friends toes or something? If Berry was fired, I don't see why Hak wouldn't be interested. 

Why is Eades "unlikely"? A Division I coaching job is a step up from the USHL. The idea that he would turn it down is not very credible.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Why is Eades "unlikely"? A Division I coaching job is a step up from the USHL. The idea that he would turn it down is not very credible.

The idea that he would EVER be offered the position is likewise not very credible.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The idea that he would EVER be offered the position is likewise not very credible.  

A guy who has had big-time success with the Fargo Force would never be offered a job here? Just seems half-butt backwards.

Of course, that could describe the current state of UND athletics and the direction it is going in right now.

2 hours ago, dustnyou said:

Because he’ll be hired by another NHL team this spring. 

Maybe, but I got the impression Hak didn’t want to uproot his family for Philly. It took a lot of convincing by the Flyers before he accepted the job. No guarantee he will want to do it again somewhere else. Never know what all goes into a guys decision.

16 hours ago, northernraider said:

Certainly dark times for UND athletics. Time for Chaves to earn his salary. 

To be fair, Chaves hasn't been here that long yet. Not enough time to put his stamp on the athletic department.

That being said, he better have all the coaches minus VB on notice. UND hasn't been this irrelevant in a long time (especially with the "My Oh My" show 80 miles to our south).

• Like 1