SiouxSports.com Forum

Hextall out in Philly

SiouxSherm94

25 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Philly is a no win situation for any coach. I don't think Q would walk into that snake pit. 

Exactly. That town has no idea what trouble that franchise is in right now. They act like you fire Hak and poof all the problems are gone. What will be interesting will be who the next scapegoat will be once they inevitably do get rid of Dave.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The most amazing thing about Broadsteet Hockey is that some of their fans can spell it.

I made the mistake of checking that page out today. They're going to be highly disappointed when Hak is fired and their team doesn't improve. Their goalie situation is the horrendous. 

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

I made the mistake of checking that page out today. They're going to be highly disappointed when Hak is fired and their team doesn't improve. Their goalie situation is the horrendous. 

Yeah the goalie situation stinks right now. They need Carter Hart to be ready but he isn’t. 

20 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah the goalie situation stinks right now. They need Carter Hart to be ready but he isn’t. 

The Flyers are giving up the second most goals against per game -- 3.74 . 

There's not a lot of goalies out there that could do well with the Flyers right now. The team in front of them isn't very good. The forwards are pretty good, but that's as far as I would go. I blame the GM for the mess the Flyers are in. 

The Flyers PK is ranked 29th over all 73.5 %.

It's not a pretty picture. Hakstol won't stay unemployed long. 

5 hours ago, Goon said:

The Flyers are giving up the second most goals against per game -- 3.74 . 

There's not a lot of goalies out there that could do well with the Flyers right now. The team in front of them isn't very good. The forwards are pretty good, but that's as far as I would go. I blame the GM for the mess the Flyers are in. 

The Flyers PK is ranked 29th over all 73.5 %.

It's not a pretty picture. Hakstol won't stay unemployed long. 

Right on the pk. But that team should be so much better.  High end veterans, high end young guys.  Not sure why they can’t put it together better.

16 minutes ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

Philly is an awful sports town.  More ruthless than NY even.  Tough spot for any coach.  Chin up, Hak

Their fans are unbearable. They know little about hockey. They seem to lack manners, too.  I think Philly overachieved based on the goalies they’ve used. He won’t be unemployed long. He still has a 1 1/2 year on his contract. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I’d love it if Hakstol were to pursue a head coaching vacancy in the NCAA. I think there would be several programs who’d salivate to hire him. 

I am afraid he’d end up beating UND in the NCAA playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Goon said:

I am afraid he’d end up beating UND in the NCAA playoffs. 

You think the anti-Hak crowd hates him enough NOW?  Imagine Hak taking Minnesota or Boston College to the Frozen Four and his team waxing North Dakota in the semi-finals en route to a national title!

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Cratter said:

You don't like he'll end up getting another NHL head coaching job like Q did?

I see those who are biased against NCAA hockey viewing Hak’s firing as confirmation of their original and on-going biases and therefore I can’t see Hakstol getting another head coaching job, sadly. 

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I see those who are biased against NCAA hockey viewing Hak’s firing as confirmation of their original and on-going biases and therefore I can’t see Hakstol getting another head coaching job, sadly. 

Could be. But they also recently hired two NCAA head coaches. So I dont know how much bias there is.