SiouxSports.com Forum

Bill Chaves on Sunday morning, November 18, 2018

The Sicatoka

Bill Chaves on Sunday morning, November 18, 2018  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What will Bill Chaves be doing Sunday morning, Nov 18, 2018? 

• Working on logistics for a 7-4 football team's FCS playoff game
    • Working the media (and private channels) about the NCAA leaving his 7-4 team out of the playoffs
    • Having a long, hard "AD conversation" with a 6-5 football coaching staff, and then a private conversation with the head coach

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

These coaches aren’t capable of said work, unfortunately. Some things - whether we like it or not - do require talent and they just do not have that talent/ability. 

I have looked through the season stats by game and this offense deteriorated as the season went on.  Yes there were injuries, but the trendline is down, down, down.

By the end Kett was a shadow of the QB that UND needs, and nobody could figure out to try someone else.  Yesterday he completed one downfield pass and that was only because Wanzek made a fantastic catch.  It is pretty hard to win doing that and I would guess pretty hard to motivate players and even other coaches to put it “All on the line “ when you know there is complete incompetence in certain quarters.

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

It’s a shot at SiouxVolley, who always seems to find gold in piles of cow poop.

I take it as a high compliment.  The Lord has made a way when others thought I should be left for dead.

Once took leaves and grass and made it into a heaping pile of compost.  The next year it grew into the largest grape type tomato plant have ever seen.  Cow poop is immensely valuable too in large quantities.

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Now that Sunday morning has past, what will Chaves do this week, if anything publicly?

Since Saturday's FB game, after reading all these FB posts, kinda puts into perspective how we posters think we need improvements all most everywhere. 

Going to be a very tough off season.

Chaves won’t do anything in regard to the coaches.  He should but I don’t see it happening. 

Bubba and staff will be here for at least the next two years.  Good luck with attendance.   Gonna be quite a long time until we are a top team.  Hard to get excited about the future of the football program. 

We can only be as good as the leadership at UND, from the president to the athletic director to the coaches.  Do we really want to be a top team ?   Are we willing to do what is necessary ?   The ball in Chaves court to see what type of leader he is.  Unfortunately I predict he punts.  I sincerely hope I am wrong.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, rochsioux said:

Chaves won’t do anything in regard to the coaches.  He should but I don’t see it happening. 

Bubba and staff will be here for at least the next two years.  Good luck with attendance.   Gonna be quite a long time until we are a top team.  Hard to get excited about the future of the football program. 

We can only be as good as the leadership at UND, from the president to the athletic director to the coaches.  Do we really want to be a top team ?   Are we willing to do what is necessary ?   The ball in Chaves court to see what type of leader he is.  Unfortunately I predict he punts.  I sincerely hope I am wrong.  

Even after seeing our blocking scheme for punts?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Now that Sunday morning has past, what will Chaves do this week, if anything publicly?

Since Saturday's FB game, after reading all these FB posts, kinda puts into perspective how we posters think we need improvements all most everywhere. 

Going to be a very tough off season.

His podcast today should be interesting.