SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

SWSiouxMN

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, Jerry said:

20 turnovers after 3 periods.   Strand 0-7 from the field.  Going to be a long year.

How the heck has she managed to keep her scholarship?  She's a "shooter", a long-range one at that, but her shooting percentage has been nothing but disappointing over the 3+ seasons.  I believe her defense, rebounding, play-making, etc. are nothing special, surprised she's still able to be on the team.  Coming out of FF, I had her becoming a 3 point/long range scorer by her junior season for UND but that just hasn't happened. 

18 hours ago, GDPritch said:

How the heck has she managed to keep her scholarship?  She's a "shooter", a long-range one at that, but her shooting percentage has been nothing but disappointing over the 3+ seasons.  I believe her defense, rebounding, play-making, etc. are nothing special, surprised she's still able to be on the team.  Coming out of FF, I had her becoming a 3 point/long range scorer by her junior season for UND but that just hasn't happened. 

Fully agree - I was excited when we landed her but she just hasn't produced throughout her career.  I am surprised that she has continued to see so many minutes last season and so far this year. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

This is off the charts bad but believable for UND. Who do you place responsibility - coaches or players?

Agree - I was listening to the game.  Even though we were playing well and had a nice lead midway through the 4th quarter, I wasn't at all surprised that we blew the lead.  Since Madi Buck, we have not had a player who was clutch and took things under control at the end of games when we really needed it.  We just continue to panic and turn the ball over.

46 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

It appears it is going to be a very long year!  It is too bad we don't have any talent to help Klabo.  She had another 30 tonight but got no help at all!

Going to be a shame that she never got to an NCAA tournament. Should have gone to at least one. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Dagger said:

What’s going on at the Herald? The  women’s game was at 1:00 yesterday afternoon. That story doesn’t even make the paper today. Might as well not publish a paper. 

Hey, I hear ya!  Today's Herald had headline on sports page 3 I believe regarding UND coming back with 3 goals to beat UAA 4-3 on Sat night in 3rd period.  Three days following the game!  May as well not even print that story it's so late.  What a joke. I'm an old guy newspaper junkie since I was a kid but I'm now this close to canx my Herald subscription after many years, simply not worth it when stories are so late and new/scores are free on-line the same/very next day.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Down 29-22 at the half at Rhode Island.

Klabo has 14 points and Morton has 6 points and Melissa D had a late basket for two points. Yup - we have three scorers at the half.

Strand, a senior, amazes me she still plays/keeps a scholarship.  May as well play some young blood for the experience cus we ain't going anywhere this season and sad to say it will likely be worse next season after stud Klabo graduates.