SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

12 hours ago, burd said:

Not sure who is responsible for bad humor. 

Mafia:  I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part...

The Sic: We're just the guys to do it.

th?id=OIP.1eJLOp_jkG41OhplBIzucgHaFj&pid=15.1&P=0&w=242&h=183

Per Schlossman, Minnesota is talking to former player Chris McAlpine as a possible Assistant coach replacement for Scott Bell.  Well, at least this time they can pay him above board instead of leaving money for him in a pre disclosed location. ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Per Schlossman, Minnesota is talking to former player Chris McAlpine as a possible Assistant coach replacement for Scott Bell.  Well, at least this time they can pay him above board instead of leaving money for him in a pre disclosed location. ;)

The "Minnesota Hat Trick"! A classic moment from the Doug Woog regime in the 1990's! :lol:

According to the guys on the team, Wilke has the hardest shot. I had also heard Coach Haviland say that he was one of the best players on the team last season during practice. I hope Wilke has a break out season this year (just not against North Dakota) ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

According to the guys on the team, Wilke has the hardest shot. I had also heard Coach Haviland say that he was one of the best players on the team last season during practice. I hope Wilke has a break out season this year (just not against North Dakota) ;)

His comment that he gets in to position and shoots while everyone does the work sums up why he didn't pan out here. At CC he's a marquee player; at UND he was just another draft pick buried in the depth chart, so if he can't grind he sits.

No hard feelings or anything, but that was an incredibly telling statement on his part.

32 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

His comment that he gets in to position and shoots while everyone does the work sums up why he didn't pan out here. At CC he's a marquee player; at UND he was just another draft pick buried in the depth chart, so if he can't grind he sits.

No hard feelings or anything, but that was an incredibly telling statement on his part.

Yah that comment made me cringe a little bit too. Probably something you don’t want to say publicly, even if you believe it to be true. That said, I don’t imagine any coach literally allowing a guy to not work hard and expect to get all the easy looks and scoring opportunities. I think guys like Nick Halloran, Trey Bradley, Andrew Farney, and Mason Bergh wouldn’t put up with that. 

47 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

McAlpine apparently is the 2nd to be offered MN asst coach and declined even though Hammy of GPL fame said it was a done deal. Fake news.

Me too! Plus, got my CC/DU tix as well. This might actually be the year that CC could win the Gold Pan. CC will have a deep and talented junior and senior class and DU will be very young (but talented). 

On 9/13/2018 at 7:06 PM, MafiaMan said:

But women’s hockey attendance there is up 175% over the same time-frame, right?

On 9/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, sioux rube said:

So how many they drawing per game?

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

10 more then UND could get. :D

This seems like the old "a train leaves Chicago" problem. UM attendance up 175% and 10 more than UND could get. 

Attendance was 4 but going up 175% means it went up 4 (100%) and 3 (75%) thus 175% would be 7. And 7 (up 175%) plus 4 (starting point) is 11. The answer checks because 11 > 10 (meaning 10 more than UND could get). So, rube, your answer is 11.

Math is fun. 

• Upvote 2