SiouxSports.com Forum

Nick Foles taking Philly by Storm

SIOUXFAN97

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Wentz should have sat out a few weeks ago, Philly would have had a chance at the playoffs. Foles 2-1 as a starter this year.

Nick Foles can basically pick where he wants to be QB next season in terms of Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, or Miami.  He'll like Florida.  

On 2/21/2018 at 6:40 PM, MafiaMan said:

He owns 1 more Super Bowl ring than you!

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Nick Foles can basically pick where he wants to be QB next season in terms of Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, or Miami.  He'll like Florida.  

Tap the brakes a little, he may want to take over for that other guy. the guy that gets hurt easily.

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Tap the brakes a little, he may want to take over for that other guy. the guy that gets hurt easily.

Foles is due $20 million from the Eagles for next season unless they either 

a) buy him out for $2 million

b) release him

So, you're telling me that Philly will decide to move on from Carson Wentz and make several-years older Nick Foles their long-term guy at $20 million per season?  

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Foles is due $20 million from the Eagles for next season unless they either 

a) buy him out for $2 million

b) release him

So, you're telling me that Philly will decide to move on from Carson Wentz and make several-years older Nick Foles their long-term guy at $20 million per season?  

Never said Philly will do anything. 

See how rest of season and playoffs play out. Foles did well the last few times he started.

Rams lost in Chicago a week ago and nobody blinked. But the Foles and the Eagles show last night in LA raises some questions about the Rams loss. The unstoppable Rams have some cogs slipping. Can Coach McVay bring them back? Back to Philly, Foles was on a mission. Does he have the carisma that helps the whole team wanna play? They looked over whelming at times, only 7-7 but on the march. They do need help to get in with two games left.

I got in trouble when Wentz was drafted when I questioned Philly's O-line and noted that Wentz really hadn't been hit hard in college, in FCS, because of NDSU's O-Line; I dared muse about durability at the professional level at that time because all we had to go on for durability was a wrist injury and very few violent collisions. 

Two season ending injuries later, am I allowed to ask now? 

• Upvote 4

On 12/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I got in trouble when Wentz was drafted when I questioned Philly's O-line and noted that Wentz really hadn't been hit hard in college, in FCS, because of NDSU's O-Line; I dared muse about durability at the professional level at that time because all we had to go on for durability was a wrist injury and very few violent collisions. 

Two season ending injuries later, am I allowed to ask now? 

He was also injured in HS and numerous times in Fargo. So he really needs to protect himself but thats not the way he plays.

Foles had one hell of a day yesterday. They're knocking on the Vikings door with one game to go, for the last NFC playoff spot. Chicago is coming to the TC's next weekend. Will Chicago play soft and Vikings make it in, Foles then watches on TV? Just seems like Football Karma has too much energy/excitement going into Foles success, to let it go too easy for the Vikings.

20 hours ago, bison73 said:

He was also injured in HS and numerous times in Fargo. So he really needs to protect himself but thats not the way he plays.

This: Carson injured in high school, college, and two season ending injuries at Philly.

Philly fans the worst in the country. Foles success keeping most fans off his back so far.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This: Carson injured in high school, college, and two season ending injuries at Philly.

Philly fans the worst in the country. Foles success keeping most fans off his back so far.

Pretty much spot on.

Last weekend of the NFL regular season. MN wins, they are in!

Foles again keeps the Eagles (at Washington) fired up? Do they get the W and somehow knock the Vikings (hosting the Bears) out? Both games at 3:25 Sunday.

The question again for the Vikings fans, can their team get it done? They've not only lost many playoff and Super Bowl games, they've lost some pretty unbelievable last play of the game type games to miss the playoffs where if they won that final season game they would of made the playoffs. No team in America has lost so many heart breakers, yet they live in the heartland.......          The stage is once again set.  

Bonus for pressure cooker game, Chicago is battling with the Rams (who also play at 3:25) for the 2nd first round bye spot. Something Vikings didn't need. 

Look for a thriller fans, may need another Minneapolis Miracle!