SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver

AZSIOUX

UND winless in their last 3 games (tied bsu/was swept at Duluth)

12th pairwise as of today, 

12-8-6 overall  6-6-2-2 nchc 

76 goals / 61 goals against overall 

44 goals / 41 goals against nchc only 

7-3-3 at home 

UND with nobody in top 14 nchc scoring. jones and wolanin tied for 15th in nchc scoring 12 pts

DU has won their last 3 games (at Miami/vs uno)

4th pairwise as of today 

14-6-4 overall  8-4-2-1 nchc

87 goals / 53 goals against overall 

50 goals / 33 goals against nchc only 

6-3-2 on the road 

DU with 3 of top 7 nchc scoring. Leader borgstrom 24 pts 

DU 27

SCSU 25

WMU 24

UND 22

UMD 21

UNO 15

CC 15

MIAMI 13

On 1/21/2018 at 1:36 PM, GoalieMask said:

Reminder, Friday Night is “Green Out”.

UND 2-7 in last nine games with Holden on the call for CBSSN.  So here’s hoping that turns around.

My parents have that channel so I go there to watch the games.  I've realized I'm pissy when I walk in the door for a CBS game...haha

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2018 at 1:36 PM, GoalieMask said:

Reminder, Friday Night is “Green Out”.

UND 2-7 in last nine games with Holden on the call for CBSSN.  So here’s hoping that turns around.

I might go to the game on Friday since the superstitious person in me is starting to think me not attending national broadcast games in person is the problem... 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Two shutout losses.

Schlossman and Miller invoke the Schlossman Rule both Friday and Saturday.

Rinse, Repeat.

:angry:

We need a sweep. Or at best a split, sad to say it that way but this season is going south pretty quick. Go Fighting Hawks!!

30 minutes ago, Kooshnitz said:

We need someone to drop the gloves right away and make a statement. Could use a ben blood about now or mcWilliam...

What would that statement be?  That we can't compete with skill on the ice, so we'll just have a player get suspended instead?

I wish I owned a bar in GF right now - seems a lot of people on the board could use a beer and time to chill out!

Yes, I watched the Friday game in Duluth, but I also watched the Friday game in Denver.  I will be attending both games this weekend.  The season has not ended, and I'm not giving up until it does.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled pessimism.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

What would that statement be?  That we can't compete with skill on the ice, so we'll just have a player get suspended instead?

Well if they throw them both out id call that a win. I remember back in the day they use to have some grit and teams were scared of them. They need to start hitting. Of course that when they could kill a PP a game. I also was at the game both nights, cam should have had a couple of those back. Wish throme wasn't injured, if hes better throw him in Friday night.  They need to be more physical. At time they looked good once they got the puck in the offensive zone, but had issues with neutral zone attacks. Get the crowd into it right away with a good old school hockey fight from the old days!!