SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Union - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I thought they played with better intensity tonight.  But for 30 seconds there in the 3rd, I thought we were watching last years' team.  Play well for a while, then cough up the puck with sloppy play twice to gift the other team 2 in a row.

In all fairness, UND is missing too many guys right now.  When everyone is healthy, we should see a better team.  Having said that, this was a frustrating weekend at best.

23 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They go from looking like the top team in the country to a team that shouldn't be in the to 20.

Better figure it out before the next two weekends.

So, now are we a bad team, based on the results of one weekend? Maybe Union is a little better than you thought they were too.  

1 minute ago, tnt said:

So, now are we a bad team, based on the results of one weekend? Maybe Union is a little better than you thought they were too.  

St. Cloud and Western Michigan are better then Union.

Didn't say UND was a bad team, they just made a bunch of simple mistakes Friday that they can't make against St. Cloud or Western Michigan.

If they aren't ready to go next Friday Western will put them through the boards.

Credit to Simonson for playing great tonight.  He was our best player, and his line was our best line.  Union had an answer for every line but that one for some reason. 

36 minutes ago, OETKB said:

I thought they played with better intensity tonight.  But for 30 seconds there in the 3rd, I thought we were watching last years' team.  Play well for a while, then cough up the puck with sloppy play twice to gift the other team 2 in a row.

In all fairness, UND is missing too many guys right now.  When everyone is healthy, we should see a better team.  Having said that, this was a frustrating weekend at best.

Weird I thought we looked better last night...much better.

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Weird I thought we looked better last night...much better.

Perhaps in the 2nd period, but certainly not  for the full game.  UND looked decent tonight.  Had a lot of sustained O-zone time in all periods.  But, Union transitioned well, and executed when they had chances.  UND has to stop gifting the puck with blind cross-ice passes or passes that are too hard for the D to handle.

I agree.  We came out skating faster and more aggressively.  We sustained possession in the Union zone for a lot of time (and times).  We just need to be able to finish.

Our PP still sucks, and needs to be far better.

Thome played pretty well tonight, making some great saves. 

Yes, we need work to play with the top dogs.Hopefully Brad can do just that.  This team has promise.