SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Union - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

23 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

You don’t remember the 2013-14 and 2014-15 Frozen Four teams?  Those were pretty offensively challenged.  

But we had great D and goaltending. 

I certainly remember lol

15 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

Our D is OK, our goaltending is OK … and both should get better…however without a line that can consistently put goals in the net the next couple weeks will be tough … Western and Clown are not Union…I think the inconsistency with the lines is showing lots of missed passes and centering attempts, seems like the overall chemistry is a bit off … don’t get me wrong we have a solid team when we play 60 mins … these next two weeks there will be a lot of growing up taking place and could really lay the foundation for a great season

Cam was having an outstanding year to start out and the D was following suit. No. 2 in the country in goals against as a team and Cam was No. 3. 

23 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe I was at the wrong game but I thought the crowd was pretty solid for a thanksgiving series. The only section open was that corner one on the NW side of the rink in the upper bowl.  Makes me think we should take another student section away in the upper bowl because most of those sections were more full than they were against Miami. The crowd also tried to will the team back into the game with some chants despite them only scoring 3 goals on the weekend. Obviously having the band quiets it down some between plays but I thought it was a pretty good turnout <shrugs>

21 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

I thought the crowd was good too. Remember though that tickets could be had at affordable prices. With the subway discount adult tickets were $15 each and youth tickets were $10.

Agree that the crowd was good size.  I was speaking to them being so quiet.  I brought some friends with on Saturday night, who remarked how quiet the arena was.  For reference, it was their first and second game ever attended at the Ralph, so they were comparing it to other hockey arenas. 

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I certainly remember lol

Cam was having an outstanding year to start out and the D was following suit. No. 2 in the country in goals against as a team and Cam was No. 3. 

This isn't necessarily meant to be a shot at Cam even though it'll sound like one, but 50% of the games he's played were against basically the two worst teams in the country. That'll help anyone's numbers. Played great against Minnesota and is the guy this year, but like when comparing records, the opponent needs to be taken into account.

20 minutes ago, AJS said:

This isn't necessarily meant to be a shot at Cam even though it'll sound like one, but 50% of the games he's played were against basically the two worst teams in the country. That'll help anyone's numbers. Played great against Minnesota and is the guy this year, but like when comparing records, the opponent needs to be taken into account.

I don't disagree, but he played well, nonetheless in those games. I feel like he would have done better in some of these spots than Thome did, but that's just because of his experience.

I've always seen our PP "struggles" as a result of the types of players we recruit. We've always had kids who are good to great two-way players...not the flashy ice-wipers who rack up points in the PP.  Our PK is a direct beneficiary of that. Although we don't clip at a steady 30% on the PP, our PK is often a strength. Overall, our special teams grade out pretty well. 

• Upvote 2