SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Union - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I blame the injuries

12 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Already had a D-man playing forward. Everyone else is hurt or sick.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's in the FB threads.......

But I was told that that's only an excuse in football...the hockey team is supposed to win anyways.

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Okay, I will.

One game a season does not make.

Having a team full of 1st round draft choices doesn't guarantee anything. Just ask Boston U.

The season is far from over.

Get off the ledge, please.

Not on the ledge - frustrated, yes.  I just didn't see much skill tonight, especially with the puck.  They were  brutal. And I am not advocating a BU approach, more of a 2016 Sioux approach.  

Awful game. I pretty much knew how things were going once we had Thome’s gaffe. What team has ever won a game where the goalie had that happen? 

Is Casey Johnson injured? I saw him at intermission, but found it weird he was out if healthy, considering Rieger was at forward. 

Yeah, Bowen is missed. As was Janatuinen. And Olson. List goes on... 

Side note: I haven’t seen much of Yon previously on the PK and thought he did well there. 

6 minutes ago, Irish said:

Not on the ledge - frustrated, yes.  I just didn't see much skill tonight, especially with the puck.  They were  brutal. And I am not advocating a BU approach, more of a 2016 Sioux approach.  

Agree........wasn't pretty. Highlights from any forward play are almost non-existent.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Okay, I will.

One game a season does not make.

The season is far from over.

Get off the ledge, please.

If memory serves me right, weren't you in the crowd of fans tired of the slow starts in the first half of the season under the previous administration?

20 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Schloss calls for a.........split. 

#cutandpaste

19 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Will be at both....3-2 and 4-2. Sioux sweep.

15 hours ago, Dave Berger said:

Here's the prediction that matters: 

North Dakota will get it done but it won't be pretty. UND 3-2, 4-2.

Dave

Schloss >>>> Dave

.......... and once again I know nothing as well!

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Bad bad game.  We were obviously much better.  Upperclassmen need to pick it up. I’ve heard 19 is a lock to leave, at this point that is shocking.

My 17 year old daughter mentioned 19...........and he's complete lack of productivity last night. He was next to invisible.

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My 17 year old daughter mentioned 19...........and he's complete lack of productivity last night. He was next to invisible.

The A is a very tough league.  Both him and 14 have to be more productive. At this point I’m wondering why 14 is on the PP. He definitely deserves a very long leash but he has 4 points this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Bad bad game.  We were obviously much better.  Upperclassmen need to pick it up. I’ve heard 19 is a lock to leave, at this point that is shocking.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

43 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The A is a very tough league.  Both him and 14 have to be more productive. At this point I’m wondering why 14 is on the PP. He definitely deserves a very long leash but he has 4 points this year.

You guys beat me to it. 19, 14, and 25 simply need to be better. We've managed to get by on defense and newcomer scoring, but the supposed big knockers better start knocking. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

You guys beat me to it. 19, 14, and 25 simply need to be better. We've managed to get by on defense and newcomer scoring, but the supposed big knockers better start knocking. 

25 didn’t play last night to be fair... 

But over the course of the season, yeah we should expect more from those three. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

If memory serves me right, weren't you in the crowd of fans tired of the slow starts in the first half of the season under the previous administration?

Yeah, but I've learned over the years not to overreact to games like last night's. People do evolve and change, you know.