SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Redhawks - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Wasn't always the best played but 5 out of 6 points is a solid weekend. Thought the Simonson play should have been called a goal. I know they said he had it covered but I disagree. Yeah it was under his pad but it still seemed to be moving a bit and he was still sliding back into his net it didn't look like much if any contact from any of the Sioux players with his pad. Miami's tying goal was a bad break to start the play. Would have been a clean faceoff win back to the corner but hit the linesman's skate and right to a Miami guy. Now for a good few days of practice to get ready for the tough challenge at Denver.

• Upvote 1

Miami was a good opponent to play before DU. They play extremely fast, but don't have the top end finishers they used to. DU does, and UND will need to play at full speed all weekend while staying defensively sound. I think if Olson or Hoff are healthy they play over Kawaguchi, at least the first night. He made a few bad turnovers last night, one leading directly to Miami's first goal. His energy is improving, but overall game isn't quite there yet. Plus, Yon looked impressive enough to stay in the lineup for now.

I'll be missing this series for the first time in a few years, but will be watching from home. Bring home a win or two, boys!

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I think he meant JJ.  I don't think it was selfish play.  I think he just made a poor decision.

Agree.  I have no problem with him icing it if they were all over us, as you can live to fight another day with some great faceoff guys, but I think he had a little time to chip it without getting the icing call.  Lesson learned.  Without watching it again, I can't say what he was seeing, but he is one of the most responsible forwards we have, so I won't crucify him for a possible lapse in judgement.