SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We don't need your facts, get in your rusty yellow Dodge the bullet pickup and go home.

I have yet to hear an argument from anyone on this board of why you guys deserve to be in the playoffs. Resume wise, the 6 win UNI team should get in over a 7 win UND team. 

29 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Agreed not 2 6 win Valley teams get in, but I do believe if it comes down to UNI and a 7 win team to get in, UNI has a pretty good resume to not ignore, but it just depends with the 7 win team's resume. Wouldn't even be having this conversation if it weren't for them choking against Montana.

They were down 26-0.....how is that choking?

23 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Well lets be honest you guys haven't beat a quality team all year. You hung your hat on SHSU and they've laid an egg this entire year, and Montana can't even beat middle of the pack big fluffy teams, let alone a middle of the pack MVFC WIU team.

Montana beat your mighty UNI team that you were just defending.  Next.....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

I'm simply laying out the facts, but it seems you guys are too focused on getting 7 wins, not even putting into consideration who those 7 wins are against, are any of them going to be playoff teams this year? Montana, MAYBE.

How is saying UND would get “slapped around by a middle of the road valley team” stating a fact?   Are you aware of any of the OOC results this year?  Go back to turdville. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Well lets be honest you guys haven't beat a quality team all year. You hung your hat on SHSU and they've laid an egg this entire year, and Montana can't even beat middle of the pack big fluffy teams, let alone a middle of the pack MVFC WIU team.

So you reference UNI as playoff quality and in the next post label a team who beat them as not. Go on.

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Idaho State and Indiana State both have the "not enough DI wins" problem.

That's not a thing.

Edit: To clarify you need 6 wins vs D1 at the end of the season, otherwise that teams selection may be in "jeopardy"....Which is sort of obvious because otherwise said teams would be 5-5 in d1 competition.

1 hour ago, Bubbasburner said:

With the way the FCS is shaking up right now, a UNI team with 3 wins against then ranked Valley opponents will get in with 6 wins, i believe. 

43 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

I'm simply laying out the facts, but it seems you guys are too focused on getting 7 wins, not even putting into consideration who those 7 wins are against, are any of them going to be playoff teams this year? Montana, MAYBE.

I’m still confused if your metric is “then ranked” like you use to defend a MVFC team or “not currently ranked” like you and others seem to hold against UND.  

If its “not currently ranked” the resume of any MVFC team other than FU won’t be good.  If it’s “then ranked”, UND has as good of resume than the MVFC teams and potentially more wins.  

• Upvote 2

I look at Massey.

In there right now 24-27 is IdSU, Mont SU, Mont, and UND. I see two Ivys (Haaahvid and Princeton) in the top 24. I see three 5-5 teams (MVFC) in the top 24 plus 6-4 Indiana State (short a DI win). 

I see opportunity. But opportunity only presents if UND goes out and decides to ....

BEAT NORTHERN ARIZONA.

36 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

I have yet to hear an argument from anyone on this board of why you guys deserve to be in the playoffs. Resume wise, the 6 win UNI team should get in over a 7 win UND team. 

I have yet to hear an argument from you. Is it because Montana beat them? The same Montana team that we throttled? The only points they scored was in the 4th quarter when we had 2nd and 3rd team players in.