SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Falls Regional -- Yes!

cowboys5xsbs

42 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

AF got the seeding they deserved but if I were St. Cloud, I think I’d rather play Princeton. Serratore seems to bring out the best in his guys in the national tournament. 

Not me. SCSU tied Princeton twice this year and did not look good doing so.

1 minute ago, Pump It Up said:

Not me. SCSU tied Princeton twice this year and did not look good doing so.

Good point. I had forgotten about those two ties. Man, St. Cloud is a great team but boy, did DU ever make them look average last night. The Huskies had no answer.

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Good point. I had forgotten about those two ties. Man, St. Cloud is a great team but boy, did DU ever make them look average last night. The Huskies had no answer.

I bet SCSU’s Olympic rink vs non-Olympic rink splits might be interesting. A good team in space.

I just tried to sell my Regional ticket package to a  long time SCSU season ticket holder for $70 for 2 lower bowl. Their response was, " We'll go Saturday if we win. Friday."  Other season ticket holders I asked are waiting to go if they end up in the Frozen Four.

Their fans aren't winning to shell out much cash for tickets even during the regular season. They had an offer for 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas for $70 this year against DENVER and the place was empty. Remember when they played in Fargo two years ago at the Regional and they didn't even use up their allotment . 

8 minutes ago, UND85 said:

I just tried to sell my Regional ticket package to a  long time SCSU season ticket holder for $70 for 2 lower bowl. Their response was, " We'll go Saturday if we win. Friday."  Other season ticket holders I asked are waiting to go if they end up in the Frozen Four.

Their fans aren't winning to shell out much cash for tickets even during the regular season. They had an offer for 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas for $70 this year against DENVER and the place was empty. Remember when they played in Fargo two years ago at the Regional and they didn't even use up their allotment . 

$70 total both days/2 seats?

Man am I going to get !@#$ from people in the office tomorrow for UND not making it to Sioux Falls. I’m going to go though because heck I’ve got nothing better to do in Sioux Falls on the weekend. 

Edit: I didn’t realize it actually replaces swearing. 

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Man am I going to get !@#$ from people in the office tomorrow for UND not making it to Sioux Falls. I’m going to go though because heck I’ve got nothing better to do in Sioux Falls on the weekend. 

Hey, maybe Air Force can pull off a Holy Cross?? -You never know.

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My ROI for my SF tickets might be just giving them away so I don't waste anymore time on this season.

Gave mine to a college friend who lives in SF. Told her to find someone who'll use them. I have washed my hands and mind of this season.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND85 said:

I listed mine as well but don't expect a hit. My buddy in Becker said I should be able to recoup a lot of the cost from a huskies fan. I laughed and told him I expect exactly what you said

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Very funny (not).

I don't care about a tournament that my team is not a part of. I didn't say I didn't care about the program anymore. That is a douche post and uncalled for. #dontgothere

I’ll go wherever I please. I find it amusing that the posters complaining most about missing the tourney are the same ones who 3-4 years ago would post in the “Fire Hak” threads that they’d gladly suffer missing the tourney if it only meant that we’d win a title. Seems to me you got your wish.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Biddco said:

Does anyone have any restaurant and or bar/nightlife suggestions in SF? 

We have some great restaurants & bars downtown: MacKenzie River Pizz, Grill & Pub, Phillips Avenue Diner, Minervas, JL Beers, Crave, WoodGrain Brewing Co., The Blarney Stone Pub, Fernson’s on 8th, Monk’s House of Ale Repute, Prarie Berry East Bank, PAve, Swamp Daddy’s Cajun Kitchen to name a few. If you want delicious diner type foods but nothing fancy, I recommend The Crack’d Pot just off of Russell St. on Minnesota Ave...close to The Denny (arena).   Btw, if you or your friends need more tickets, I have 2 lower bowl tickets remaining. PM me if interested. 

Edited by Sioux Fan in Sioux Falls
Fixed my post regarding tickets left.
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sioux Fan in Sioux Falls said:

We have some great restaurants & bars downtown: MacKenzie River Pizz, Grill & Pub, Phillips Avenue Diner, Minervas, JL Beers, Crave, WoodGrain Brewing Co., The Blarney Stone Pub, Fernson’s on 8th, Monk’s House of Ale Repute, Prarie Berry East Bank, PAve, Swamp Daddy’s Cajun Kitchen to name a few. If you want delicious diner type foods but nothing fancy, I recommend The Crack’d Pot just off of Russell St. on Minnesota Ave...close to The Denny (arena).   Btw, if you or your friends need more tickets, I have 2 lower bowl tickets remaining. PM me if interested. 

Agree with all of this, the downtown area is pretty solid with plenty of options, but it's not the most conveniently located in relation to pre and post game activities. I live 5 minutes from the Denny and there isn't the greatest selection in that area of town yet, but there's a Buffalo Wild Wings basically in the parking lot of the arena, if that's your type of fine dining. Across Russell Street attached to the new Holiday Inn there is the Crooked Pint Ale House. There is also a Mexican restaurant, Casa Del Rey across West Street on the east side of the arena which is a great place.

As a lifelong North Dakotan, and UND grad, currently living in Sioux Falls I was pretty disappointed we couldn't make the regional, but I still look forward to watching some good hockey this weekend. Hoping some UND fans still plan on making the trip and providing a good atmosphere.

15 hours ago, keikla said:

Not only that, but Princeton has only lost 2 of their last 16 games.

I knew they were hot, but I didn't know they were that hot.  Our record down the stretch sure wouldn't have struck fear into our opponents. 

17 hours ago, SJHovey said:

I’ll go wherever I please. I find it amusing that the posters complaining most about missing the tourney are the same ones who 3-4 years ago would post in the “Fire Hak” threads that they’d gladly suffer missing the tourney if it only meant that we’d win a title. Seems to me you got your wish.

With today's college hockey parity, you may not see a team get to the Frozen Four as many times as Hakstol did in such a short time span.