SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Falls Regional -- Yes!

cowboys5xsbs

When they were building this facility ("The Denny"), the facility planners actually spent quite a bit of time up at The Ralph to gather inspiration. I agree with Wildfan...the sightlines are great throughout the arena! The Denny & Sioux Falls has successfully hosted other NCAA tourneys (basketball). Fingers crossed UND gets to host the West Regional here in my backyard! The preparty before the official preparty at my place! ;)

IMG_2236.JPG

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Sioux Fan in Sioux Falls said:

When they were building this facility ("The Denny"), the facility planners actually spent quite a bit of time up at The Ralph to gather inspiration. I agree with Wildfan...the sightlines are great throughout the arena! The Denny & Sioux Falls has successfully hosted other NCAA tourneys (basketball). Fingers crossed UND gets to host the West Regional here in my backyard! The preparty before the official preparty at my place! ;)

IMG_2236.JPG

I can already imagine the electric atmosphere in there for a regional, that looks like a really nice arena.

It would be pretty great having the regionals in Sioux Falls followed by the Frozen Four in St Paul! 

#Driveto9 literally

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Trunk Monkey said:

More of just a reader of the site these days! Safer that way, HA!

You need "Trunk Monkey Internet Posting Forum Edition". 

Caption: "I'll get that bobo that just said something bad about my banana supplier!" 
InfiniteMonkeyTheorem.jpg

Mrs. Boogieman and I have been to a couple of concerts at The Denny as we are big concert goers.  Impressive facility.  Plenty of lodging within a few blocks, and connected to the center much like the Alerus/Canad situation.  Sioux Falls is a pretty cool city to spend a weekend in.  Downtown has a lot going for it!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I just really looked at the ice in The Denny. (Picture above.) 

About the only space without an advertisement on it is the goalie crease. The NCAA will need a lot of whitewash there.  

Those advertisements bring in $400,000 total or $50,000 each that's not including the main center ice one. I'm going by what Colorado College I want to say PR guy said how much on ice adds cost.