SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I had a hard time getting past all the +1's...am I missing something?

Keep up the crusade, though!

You heard me.  LOVE that there are others calling you out this year. 

Time to face it...your schtick on here has gotten old...and it's not just me saying it anymore.  But hey..keep up with the backhanded comments towards this year's team in an effort to validate your man-love for Hakstol.  At the end of the day, your IDOL still brought home NOTHING at the end of the year and the very first year he is gone, the Sioux bring home the hardware.  Man...that had to piss you off.....and apparently, it still does.   I'm done with ya. 

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I had a hard time getting past all the +1's...am I missing something?

Must be lots of other "Gopher" trolls in Sioux clothing agreeing with you on this site. I demand an investigation to weed them out. 

3 minutes ago, siouxvikes said:

Time to face it...your schtick on here has gotten old...and it's not just me saying it anymore.  But hey..keep up with the backhanded comments towards this year's team in an effort to validate your man-love for Hakstol.  At the end of the day, your IDOL still brought home NOTHING at the end of the year and the very first year he is gone, the Sioux bring home the hardware.  Man...that had to piss you off.....and apparently, it still does.   I'm done with ya. 

You got me, all my friends on here know me to be a true Sioux hater.

I hope that your hatred of Hakstol doesn't keep you up at night. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, siouxvikes said:

I hate to break it to you but I'm MM's idol. Trust me on this one.

#lmkindofabigdeal

1 hour ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Hakstol took worse teams to the frozen four.  I don't buy that for one second.  

Believe what you want to believe. Hakstol rarely had to deal with losing five top notch upperclassmen at once (along with four seniors, several of whom contributed a lot to our 8th NCAA title team. If he had actually won a national title during his time here, I think he would have experienced a similar exodus and he would have been in the same position as Berry was this year. Of course, we'll never know how he would have handled it.

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

First season of this message board dealing with a post natty.

Show of  +1 and -1 fingers, Cratter...how many folks here REALLY believed that UND was going to beat Denver after the Pioneers tied it in the 3rd vs thinking the team and its fans were headed for yet another heartbreaking Frozen Four semi-final loss?

+1 for "I knew we were gonna win!" 

-1 for "Ya got me - I figured my heart was gonna get ripped out again!"

I'll go first:  -1.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Show of hands, Cratter...how many folks here REALLY believed that UND was going to beat Denver after the Pioneers tied it in the 3rd vs thinking UND and its fans were headed for yet another heartbreaking Frozen Four semi-final loss?

Not sure what that has to do with this message boards first post natty.

66.6%?

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Show of hands, Cratter...how many folks here REALLY believed that UND was going to beat Denver after the Pioneers tied it in the 3rd vs thinking UND and its fans were headed for yet another heartbreaking Frozen Four semi-final loss?

I'll admit I was thinking "Here we go again." And any fan of this team who says they weren't thinking it is not being honest with themselves or anyone else.

And I imagine some of the players were thinking it too.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Believe what you want to believe. Hakstol rarely had to deal with losing five top notch upperclassmen at once (along with four seniors, several of whom contributed a lot to our 8th NCAA title team. If he had actually won a national title during his time here, I think he would have experienced a similar exodus and he would have been in the same position as Berry was this year. Of course, we'll never know how he would have handled it.

YES WE DO!!!!

2 hours ago, Mhockey said:

I thought last nights game was a close one that came down to goaltending and puck luck. The two goals cam let in weren't bad but very stoppable. He had clean looks both times. Their goalie made some decent saves and the pipe in the third period made me think it just wasn't our night. This team is good, just inconsistent. As evidenced by Friday's first period compared to the second period. If they can find a way to play solid for an entire game I still have hope!

Respectfully, I watched a completely different game than you.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

You are correct. I will not deny that winning #8 last year makes a tough year easier to live with.

It might be more beneficial to compare this years' UND team to the other teams that lost comparable players early rather than to past UND teams under Hak. BC lost 7 and are currently 20th in the pairwise. Michigan lost the same number (5) and are currently 40th in the pairwise. We lost 5 and are currently 16th in the pairwise. Flip a few embarrassing loses and we would still be looking at a 2 seed. It is definitely disappointing but we are doing better than schools in similar situations and we have #8 in the rafters. I'll take it and look for greener pastures ahead (while quietly hoping for a miracle yet this year). 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

No doubt about that. I have no doubt Berry was the right choice but I think everything came a little too easy for him even in his first year. He is still learning how to be a head coach and unfortunately this year is a big learning curve. For all the Hak haters out there, there is no doubt in my mind he would have had this team figured out a month or two ago and playing their best hockey now. For those who say Herb Brooks or any other coach couldn't win with this team or would have the same record I totally disagree. This teams failures start at the top and that ultimately means Berry. 

Wait a minute!

I thought it was all about the players and the only thing the head coach was responsible for was putting together a line-up card and then sitting back to see what happens? At least that is what the "In Hak We Trust" crowd has been saying for years. :silly:

I do think Berry has to take a second look at a lot of things this offseason, and I think he will, but to say Hakstol would have us fighting for the Penrose again is pure wishful thinking.

And if Berry ends up not being able to do this job in the long-run, we'll find somebody else. The program is bigger than any one coach or player.

In any event, we will never know how Hakstol would have handled this team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TNF said:

It might be more beneficial to compare this years' UND team to the other teams that lost comparable players early rather than to past UND teams under Hak. BC lost 7 and are currently 20th in the pairwise. Michigan lost the same number (5) and are currently 40th in the pairwise. We lost 5 and are currently 16th in the pairwise. Flip a few embarrassing loses and we would still be looking at a 2 seed. It is definitely disappointing but we are doing better than schools in similar situations and we have #8 in the rafters. I'll take it and look for greener pastures ahead (while quietly hoping for a miracle yet this year). 

This is the perspective I am adopting and encouraging other fans to adopt.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You are correct. I will not deny that winning #8 last year makes a tough year easier to live with.

It has for me as well. My comment was more of a knock on those saying Hak was treated unfairly compared to what Berry is getting now. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, TNF said:

Excellent post!  I will not give up on this team.  Yes, we lost a lot of talent from a year ago.  But I won't count us out (or sell my Fargo tickets) just yet.

• Upvote 1