SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am saying the pieces were not in place to begin with. We haven't lost that many players (9) in one off-season in a long time. The complaints about Hakstol were rooted in having talent up and down the line-up and then choking in the clutch when it mattered most (Frozen Four). This program is not going down the toilet like some people think. We will be back.

If everybody improves as much next year as they did this year we will be worse.  Time to clean house.

37 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Aren't you part of the "we don't rebuild, we reload" crowd?  Isn't a good chunk of the job bringing in some new recruits too?  Looks like UND has swung and missed a bit lately.

And some of that falls on Hakstol, since he was involved in recruiting most of these kids. Now it is Berry's job to figure out what is missing in the recruiting process and fix it.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So what high-end talent does Berry have coming in next year to prevent another debacle like this season?  

If Minnesota wins it all this year, we'll all forget about last year's magical run in a hurry.

Now excuse me while I go puke...

It isn't necessarily the high end talent that is going to make you a great team, but if you don't have those guys you better have chemistry.  Don't know if Minnesota has any player that is better than Jost, Boeser, or Poolman, but they have way better chemistry than we do right now.  Usually if you have players coming in that are close to leading their league in scoring you would think they would have good talent.  It doesn't always turn out that way.  Guys like Camarrata and Wilkie didn't transition well, although hoping that Wilkie can still find his way.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish said:

If everybody improves as much next year as they did this year we will be worse.  Time to clean house.

I am not convinced that we are headed back to what the program was like before Gino was forced out in 1994. We took some major steps back this year, but the cupboard isn't that bare.

7 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

And their conference's ALMIGHTY team (that a lot of people on here seem to be calling you out on lately for having a fixation with?) barely beat us in their own barn this year.  So I'm not sure what your point is. 

And what do think the results would be if UND and Minnesota squared off next Friday night?  I would't be betting on the Hawks if I were you, gamblin' man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, tnt said:

It isn't necessarily the high end talent that is going to make you a great team, but if you don't have those guys you better have chemistry.  Don't know if Minnesota has any player that is better than Jost, Boeser, or Poolman, but they have way better chemistry than we do right now.  Usually if you have players coming in that are close to leading their league in scoring you would think they would have good talent.  It doesn't always turn out that way.  Guys like Camarrata and Wilkie didn't transition well, although hoping that Wilkie can still find his way.  

Wilkie is a lost cause - he wouldn't find his way if it bit him in the butt

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am not convinced that we are headed back to what the program was like before Gino was forced out in 1994. We took some major steps back this year, but the cupboard isn't that bare.

It may not be bare, but that is predicated on guys actually getting better from year to year.  Another year of "improvement" and we will be in tough shape.

38 minutes ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Man i was way off. You are so smart. I will quit "trolling" now?

You made your cute little comment BEFORE the game even started. That is trolling. Now, of course, it is easy for you to come on here after the fact and dance in the endzone because you were right. 20/20 Hindsight is pretty good, isn't it? :glare:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

No but all the plates and cups have cracks or are broken.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

And what do think the results would be if UND and Minnesota squared off next Friday night?  I would't be betting on the Hawks if I were you, gamblin' man.

MM, we've been through it in the past, so I'm going to keep it as civil as I can.

Are you drunk or just not your sharpest tonight?  My point is that MN is in a joke of a conference and would get CRUSHED by UMD or Denver.  Not sure how I can say it any simpler for you.  THAT is what I'll gamble on..since it appears you are so in love with the thought of MN winning it all. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, beebsb010 said:

MM, we've been through it in the past, so I'm going to keep it as civil as I can.

Are you drunk or just not your sharpest tonight?  My point is that MN is in a joke of a conference and would get CRUSHED by UMD or Denver. 

Drunk?  Not my sharpest?  You're about as "civil" as a #NoDAPL water protector. 

Well, don't look now, but that joke has four teams ranked ahead of NoDak right now in the Pairwise...

At least Boston Colllege appears to be sailing along with us on the Titanic.  I'd hate to see them win it all and have to listen to fs4l talk for the next three years about the Eagles being the gold standard of college hockey.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, don't look now, but that joke has four teams ranked ahead of NoDak right now in the Pairwise...

At least Boston Colllege appears to be sailing along with us on the Titanic.  I'd hate to have them win it all and have to listen to fs4l talk for the next three years about the Eagles being the gold standard of college hockey.

Considering they haven't won it all since 2012, I don't think I would be talking like that. I don't think it will happen because I don't think they are one of the top teams this year.

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Drunk?  Not my sharpest?  You're about as "civil" as a #NoDAPL water protector. 

At least Boston Colllege appears to be sailing along with us on the Titanic.  I'd hate to see them win it all and have to listen to fs4l talk for the next three years about the Eagles being the gold standard of college hockey.

Still not getting it, so I will just assume you indeed ARE drinking. 

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT NORTH DAKOTA. 

YOU brought up how the Gophers are so good and may win it all this year.  I SAID they are in a joke of a conference, their record doesn't impress me because of that and UMD or Denver would destroy them.  So....AGAIN......I'm not sure how any of the teams in their conference being ahead of UND has to do with anything. 

I'm hitting the hay because I'm obviously not getting through to you and you have seemed to be WANTING to piss people off the last few nights in these GDTs, so nighty night man!  Go Sioux

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

It appears not so if he doesn't have the horses inherited from Haks.  Wait, fire Haks, this has gotta be his fault! 

Hak isn't using Gostisbehere. Maybe we could borrow him and pretend he's a 25 year old Canadian.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My wife, who knows ZERO about hockey, just said "this is the worst I've ever seen them play".

Ditto, my wife same description regarding hockey said same thing.  How in the hell are you not ready/up (uh, urgency guys) for a game that is basically a playoff game and likely determines whether you make NCAA tourney? 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

It appears not so if he doesn't have the horses inherited from Haks.  Wait, fire Haks, this has gotta be his fault! 

You seem to forget that Berry was also involved in the recruitment of last year's team and this year's team. So there obviously is a gap in recruiting that is showing up now. That is on both Berry and Hakstol. From here on out, it is on Berry to fix whatever is broken with our recruiting. I think he will do that.

• Upvote 2