SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

This team is not talented on the defensive end and the offensive end is a mixture of !@#!$ coaching and bad luck.  This team is also much better than many hastol teams that fought to the end every year.  This team is just pathetic and sad to watch.  What a waste.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, petey23 said:

UND needs to either win 4 of 6 or 5 of 7 to get in. Can it be done? Sure. Will it happen? I don't see any indications that we are going to go on that kind of "run". It is what it is at this point.

Incredibly disappointed with the effort and execution tonight.

I see no way this team wins 2 in a row vs anyone which would need to happen in your scenario. Not even against lowly Mich. St.................

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"We have to play with our backs are against a wall now".  Ausmus

Don't even know what this quote means at this stage.

It's all talk.

clearly they were uninspired during the first two periods and got it going in the third.  Again, inconsistency is the theme however I attribute it more to laziness.  

6 hours ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

This team is not talented on the defensive end and the offensive end is a mixture of !@#!$ coaching and bad luck.  This team is also much better than many hastol teams that fought to the end every year.  This team is just pathetic and sad to watch.  What a waste.

You, on the other hand . . . . 

Just now, MafiaMan said:

The good news is that Boeser and Jost won't have to wait as long as they thought they would to begin their NHL careers.  Oh, wait...that's the BAD news...

Just checked tail numbers..........Jost will be in Denver by 11:39 pm MT on 3/11.

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You seem to forget that Berry was also involved in the recruitment of last year's team and this year's team. So there obviously is a gap in recruiting that is showing up now. That is on both Berry and Hakstol. From here on out, it is on Berry to fix whatever is broken with our recruiting. I think he will do that.

Funny how some of you are now willing to mention Hak when the recruiting is looking....Rough! 

But the championship was nothing but ..."thank God Hak is gone so Berry could win one, he knows how to get them up for the big ones"! This is almost hard to believe people write back and forth like this...

My take now and last April, they are both responsible for the Championship and for the recruiting. But I'm not in the boat of thinking there is a recruitment issue right now either. They need to figure this out and they need to do it fast!

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"We have to play with our backs against a wall now".  

Ausmus

Wait, are their backs really against a wall or are they REALLY against the wall?  

This team seems to think Willy Wonka is waiting for them at the end of the NCHC tournament with a golden ticket to the NCAA's.

#'cuz_we're_the_defending_champs

I still think boeser and jost need to be split up.  It's fine to load up a few times during the game but when they are together gersich is a big time third wheel who rarely sees the puck.  He was much more productive when it was just he and jost in a line.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Wait, are their backs really against a wall or are they REALLY against the wall?  

This team seems to think Willy Wonka is waiting for them at the end of the NCHC tournament with a golden ticket to the NCAA's.

#'cuz_we're_the_defending_champs

Playoffs??  Playoffs??  You talking about playoffs?  Playoffs?

(c) Jim Mora

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, burd said:

I get how disappointed many of us are and the need to vent.   But I've never understood the need to turn ugly on our own. 

It's worse than the stupid retaliatory penalties we criticize the players for.

Soooo many on here do the bitching about this when it happens, but like you said, they are doing the exact same thing! Great post!

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I still think boeser and jost need to be split up.  It's fine to load up a few times during the game but when they are together gersich is a big time third wheel who rarely sees the puck.  He was much more productive when it was just he and jost in a line.

Not disagreeing but 19 should have had a hat trick Friday.........in the first period. 

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Siouxmpa loompa Hawkety doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Siouxmpa loompa Hawkety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when you win an eighth title?
A month, maybe two, of continuous smiles.
What are you at, when your stars leave and your new logo falls flat?
What do you think will come of that
I don't like the look of it
Siouxmpa loompa Hawkety dine
If you're not greedy, you will be patient for nine
You will live in happiness too
Like the Siouxmpa Loompa Hawkety do
I've got another puzzle for you
Siouxmpa loompa Hawkeda dee
Ranting on SiouxSports is fine when it's once in a while
It gives you a chance to openly spill your bile
But it's repulsive, revolting and wrong
Whining on SiouxSports all day long
The way that certain posters do
I've got another puzzle for you
Siouxmpa loompa Hawkety dee
Who do you blame when your team plays average like that?
You sound pampered and spoiled like a siamese cat
Blaming the coaches and players is a lie and a shame
You know exactly who's to blame
That God-awful bird and dumb nickname
Siouxmpa loompa Hawkety da
If you're not spoiled then you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Siouxmpa Loompa Hawkety do
  • Upvote 4

Still hoping my quarter-final playoff tickets are good,

Not seeing, however, how winning twice at Miami is possible or how st. Cloud would lose a game against CC.

Fortunately I didn't buy the expensive seats at the Target Center. Will get cheap seats if necessary

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not disagreeing but 19 should have had a hat trick Friday.........in the first period. 

Hat trick huh?  He had a good opportunity Saturday too but that's the only time I noticed him.  I actually didn't notice that line much last night.  Which should never happen.

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Oh, they will be separated eventually...like in two more weeks when their respective UND careers come to a close.

Haha some of you guys stay so negative. Seasons not over yet.  It's not looking great but it's not over.  I'm thinking we'll need to get into the NCHC tourney and win it.  Anything can happen.

im more frustrated with the lack of effort these boys are playing with.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's nice that people know what Jost and boeser are going to do. Hakstol was stern and a disciplinary but Berry was a players coach. Maybe Hakstol should have a lesson with Berry on the stare. This team takes bad penalties, plays soft out of position and takes all kinds of shifts off. The coaching staff has the responsibility to right these issues not coddle these players.