SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIS

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Just now, Bison06 said:

That offside call on ambrosius was the dagger looking back. What a change in fortune that penalty turned out to be. That's why football is great, have to be disciplined at all times.

We are all very aware of this here.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU was missing that "it" that they've had the last 5 years. I still thought they were about to pull it out before that FG though.

Absolutely agree with you though. Need to get a few more dynamic playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. When the offense needed big plays they really didn't have their go to guys like in years past.

Hardly an unsuccessful season for the boys and the run had to stop at some point. It's good for FCS football to have other teams emerge. JMU had some serious talent on the field tonight. Aggressive athletic defense and with a middle linebacker with a name like gage steele, NDSU's fate was sealed the day that kid was born. That's a badass name for a middle linebacker 

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Absolutely agree with you though. Need to get a few more dynamic playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. When the offense needed big plays they really didn't have their go to guys like in years past.

Hardly an unsuccessful season for the boys and the run had to stop at some point. It's good for FCS football to have other teams emerge. JMU had some serious talent on the field tonight. Aggressive athletic defense and with a middle linebacker with a name like gage steele, NDSU's fate was sealed the day that kid was born. That's a badass name for a middle linebacker 

Similar to us no deep threat on o. It makes all the difference in the world.

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Gage Steele. I bet his middle name is juggernaut. Epic name

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Was Wentz part of the "it" factor the last couple of years.  I didn't realize how good he was until the draft talk started last year.

He was. Clearly he is an all time great QB for an FCS team, but it deeper than that.

I've said this since 2013, but I think polisek is outmatched as a coordinator. After Vigen left I starting seeing his odd play calling. Getting tunnel vision at times, his lack of ability to put his playmakers in positions to thrive. But with Carson being at QB I think he masked some of the challenges polisek had. Tonight, our guys looked lost in the 2 minute drill, we would have great success with certain packages and then comepletely abandon them on the next series. Clearly, offensive coordinator is a tough job, but I think his play calling leaves a lot to be desired and that has been the biggest change that I've seen these last few years.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

What I saw- Take out the false starts (home field) and if JMU had their starting RT this game would not have been close.

Having #68 on their roster automatically takes away 6 points of offense from their team. Having him play takes away 21. He would have a madden ranking of 4. A 0 for awareness. 

• Upvote 1