SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fort Collins, like the home of the CSU Rams

Lambkins. Rams. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Check. :) 

Like Ames IA, the ISU Cyclones and the Ames HS Little Cyclones. 

And Grand Forks with the GFRR Young Riders and the UND ... nevermind. 

It's nice to know that not everyone adheres to the "Climax-Fisher Rule". :glare:

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Red River wins 7-1 over WF

Devils Lake beats North 8-0

Davies over GPR 7-3

I believe that win gives DL home ice in first round of EDC on Tuesday.  I wish the WDA did their tournament like that too.  

If south loses to GFC then they are #5 and DL will be #4. So south would travel to DL to play the first round. If south beats central then they are tied for #4 with DL but south owns the tie breaker with a +1 goal differential so the first round game between the two would be in Fargo. But central will win so south is #5 yep. 

I don't know what the youth numbers look like.  Since the growth of Bismarck is all north I know they have looked at moving the boundary line to even it out, or have all the kids that go to St. Mary's and Legacy play for Bismarck High.  I was told they did a survey on the kids coming up and if they leave the boundaries the way they are now they will have a problem in the future.  Century will have to cut kids and Bismarck High will not have enough kids to field a JV team.  This is what I was told by a couple people, but I can't say I have seen the numbers myself.   

8 hours ago, DougTheThug said:

I don't know what the youth numbers look like.  Since the growth of Bismarck is all north I know they have looked at moving the boundary line to even it out, or have all the kids that go to St. Mary's and Legacy play for Bismarck High.  I was told they did a survey on the kids coming up and if they leave the boundaries the way they are now they will have a problem in the future.  Century will have to cut kids and Bismarck High will not have enough kids to field a JV team.  This is what I was told by a couple people, but I can't say I have seen the numbers myself.   

You mean similar to how with Davies coming online in Fargo, Fargo South lost almost all their hockey roster to the Davies area? That's why it's South/Shanley. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

You mean similar to how with Davies coming online in Fargo, Fargo South lost almost all their hockey roster to the Davies area? That's why it's South/Shanley. 

It still blows my mind that THREE Fargo schools need to join together to make one decent hockey team. South, Shanley and Oak Grove. 

Not sure if Bismarck could field (3) teams.

In looking at numbers of bantam and peewee teams by city (not counts actual kids as the roster sizes vary)

GF - 6 Bantam, 7 peewee - 2 high schools

Fargo - 8 Bantam, 11 peewee - 3 high schools

Bismarck - 4 Bantam, 5 peewee - 2 high school

Minot - 3 Bantam, 4 peewee - 1 high school

Number of HS teams in proportion to bantam teams Bismarck is at the bottom.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pre-Davies most of South's hockey players (like all but 3) lived south of 32nd Ave. That's now Davies territory. 

With Davies now up and running, the demographics in the area covered by South are not pre-disposed to hockey

You think?  Most of FSHS hockey players are Shanley kids anyways.

I'll even go a step further and state it is no coincidence that the head FB coach at FSHS decided leave that school and go down a class to take the same coaching gig at Shanley due to the demographics you mentioned above. 

2 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

Not sure if Bismarck could field (3) teams.

In looking at numbers of bantam and peewee teams by city (not counts actual kids as the roster sizes vary)

GF - 6 Bantam, 7 peewee - 2 high schools

Fargo - 8 Bantam, 11 peewee - 3 high schools

Bismarck - 4 Bantam, 5 peewee - 2 high school

Minot - 3 Bantam, 4 peewee - 1 high school

Number of HS teams in proportion to bantam teams Bismarck is at the bottom.

I'm assuming this is including A teams and B teams? 

18 hours ago, DougTheThug said:

Demons win 7-0.  Shots 54-17.

i haven't heard any talk of Legacy team, at  least not any time soon. 

Both teams have good numbers now but I don't know how many are Legacy kids.   The way they worked girls hockey I'm surprised they haven't dropped down to 1 team.  

Central leads South 4-0 after one period.  Shots were 22-0 in the first period.  Devils Lake gets their home game on Tuesday.

Century up 2-0 on Bottineau.  Only thing not figured out in the west is whether Williston or Bottineau is in the play in game vs. Hazen.  Jamestown or Dickinson will be 4th or 5th seed, so they'll play regardless. 

• Upvote 1