SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I'd be shocked if it wasn't 

Yeah I don't see BHS, DL or any Fargo teams beating either GF team. Those teams will be battling for 3rd and 5th depending on when they have to play a GF team. 

Not like DL will beat Central, but how have they not even played yet? I'm assuming their game got cancelled during some of the snow storms? 

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Yeah I don't see BHS, DL or any Fargo teams beating either GF team. Those teams will be battling for 3rd and 5th depending on when they have to play a GF team. 

Not like DL will beat Central, but how have they not even played yet? I'm assuming their game got cancelled during some of the snow storms? 

Yes, one of the games got postponed due to weather.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Central is just a buzz saw.  I want Grant Johnson to end up at UND.  Local kid that can put up points.  Get him a jersey after a few years in the USHL. 

I graduated with his mom at GFC so hopefully he wants to pursue college at home in front of them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

I would say no. Costello is younger and soon to be power forward. Has a brighter future. 

Yeah, it Seems like this might be the perfect setup for johnson. He might not be able to do what he's good at in other leagues. He might not have as high of a ceiling. So I can agree with your comment. 

It's interesting how there are probably more ND kids playing D1 right now than ever before, but yet the overall talent seems to be down quite a bit. Is it Due to so many kids leaving early for juniors? Or just coincidental that there are some outstanding individuals and poor teams overall? I don't remember Fargo ever producing so many poor teams. 

22 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Gfc is very good 

i bet Johnson ends up st scsu. Am hearing motzko is hard after him. A scsu assistant coach in the house too here tonite along with berry and jackson. 

Johnson has not talked to a college coach as of yet. He doesn't have a USHL team looking at him either. He will have to prove his skill is real in NAHL. Good saying is "guys with size have to prove they can't play while a smaller guy has to prove he can play". ND kids have a tougher road. If Grant was in MN he'd already be committed. Maybe same for Lund and Salquist.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Thief River Falls has suspended both their varsity and JV hockey teams because of some sort of hazing and sexual misconduct. I'm sure more will come out in the coming days. Sucks for those kids who had nothing to do with it especially the seniors. 

Talked to a guy I know in the hockey community there and it is an absolutely terrible situation.  It's getting to the point where the coaches have to be in the room with the kids 100 percent of the time.  

58 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Talked to a guy I know in the hockey community there and it is an absolutely terrible situation.  It's getting to the point where the coaches have to be in the room with the kids 100 percent of the time.  

So had this type of behavior been going on for awhile? If so someone dropped the ball.

10 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

So had this type of behavior been going on for awhile? If so someone dropped the ball.

From what I took from the conversation the answer is yes.  Though this is just from one person.  Very unfortunate.