SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

5 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Seems crazy that towns like Williston and Mandan can't produce numbers for hockey right now but then towns like Grafton, Devils Lake and Bott never seem to have problems. (asterisk on GPR this season). Popularity of different sports in different towns I suppose! 

Good to hear about Mandan building another facility. I think with that and the addition of the growing population they will see their future numbers rise. 

Mandan isn't adding another, they are replacing the old, but the new will have 2 sheets.   Once they get the new one up and running, they old will be made into something else.  That is my understanding.

South/Shanley hosts North tonight at 7:30pm at Scheels Arena.

The video streams live on ShanleyTV.com  - it is very well produced by high school standards (multi-cams, ISO replays, etc.) The students even do play by play and it is impressive for teenage kids. 

Across the the river the Spuds play East Grand Forks on WDAY xtra

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

South/Shanley hosts North tonight at 7:30pm at Scheels Arena.

The video streams live on ShanleyTV.com  - it is very well produced by high school standards (multi-cams, ISO replays, etc.) The students even do play by play and it is impressive for teenage kids. 

Across the the river the Spuds play East Grand Forks on WDAY xtra

That's pretty cool. Great idea for getting kids to pick up some skills! 

GFC and DL rematch tonight as well. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hazen has only scored one goal this year against a varsity team.  All other goals scored against JV teams.  They did score it on Bismarck High though......

I still want to know how that goal happened. I can almost guarantee it was a Bismarck player stalling when they were up by 20 and passed it back to his goalie and it went into the net or something along those lines. They are getting out shot by 60-100 shots a game, which means they probably never get it passed the red line. Let alone score a goal on Bismarck High. 

Either way, this has to be THEE worst season by a team in ND high school hockey history. I feel bad for those kids, that's tough. 

I feel bad for Hazen Beulah hockey after reading this thread.  I've always cheered west over east in North Dakota...usually in futility. 

I thought some might find this oddly interesting.  Fort Collins HS started varsity hockey this year and last I saw they were ranked #2 in Colorado.  Yeah, it's not quite at a high level, but several D1 players have been coming ftom Colorado recently.  

Here's a link to the Lambkins' (seriously...and they are proud of that nickname) schedule.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=boys,icehockey&schoolid=84ef9770-57d5-4019-97b9-093e645511e0

6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

I feel bad for Hazen Beulah hockey after reading this thread.  I've always cheered west over east in North Dakota...usually in futility. 

I thought some might find this oddly interesting.  Fort Collins HS started varsity hockey this year and last I saw they were ranked #2 in Colorado.  Yeah, it's not quite at a high level, but several D1 players have been coming ftom Colorado recently.  

Here's a link to the Lambkins' (seriously...and they are proud of that nickname) schedule.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=boys,icehockey&schoolid=84ef9770-57d5-4019-97b9-093e645511e0

Fort Collins, like the home of the CSU Rams

Lambkins. Rams. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Check. :) 

Like Ames IA, the ISU Cyclones and the Ames HS Little Cyclones. 

And Grand Forks with the GFRR Young Riders and the UND ... nevermind. 

• Upvote 2

I have a soft spot in my heart for Western hockey as well, but now it's turned into an unwinnable battle for Hazen.  I'd rather see them play high school than Junior gold, but having 9 healthy bodies, your best players leaving, and scoring one varsity goal isn't good for anyone involved. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gotta let it go, man. 

Breath in.  Breath out.  All is well.  

;)

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can you please give it a rest with these examples above.

Signed,

Not the management

• Downvote 1