SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS Playoffs - First Round

Hambone

30 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bison06 is the best NDSU poster you could ask for. He's always fair and doesn't troll. He's not affraid to call us out on our biased posts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

But why should we be called out for biased posts within our own fan site...contribute to the conversation as a guest and stop monitoring and questioning every biased post we are allowed to be biased hete.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bison06 is the best NDSU poster you could ask for. He's always fair and doesn't troll. He's not affraid to call us out on our biased posts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Maybe your memory is shorter than mine.  That's cool.  :)

Anyone defending 5 loss teams making the playoffs is far from unbiased. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CMSioux said:

But why should we be called out for biased posts within our own fan site...contribute to the conversation as a guest and stop monitoring and questioning every biased post we are allowed to be biased hete.

It's the internet, you're allowed to be biased and I'm allowed to comment on said bias. As I've said countless times, this is an open Internet forum, meaning the site owner has deemed all opinions welcome, as long as they follow the forum rules. Like it or not this is not a UND only site.

3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Maybe your memory is shorter than mine.  That's cool.  :)

Anyone defending 5 loss teams making the playoffs is far from unbiased. 

I have actually done the opposite of defending a 5 loss team being in the playoffs. I've said a couple of times they should not have been included based on their 5 losses. What I did say is the play of ISU yesterday cannot be used as justification for showing they didn't belong. If they had won that game and gone on to win the championship somehow, I still would have argued they didn't deserve to be in. The committee included them, they had a decent showing yesterday. That's it.

Thanks for letting on board.  Spiders are interesting team.  Tend to struggle on both kickoff coverage and return but otherwise solid on special teams.  Pass to set up run. New QB looked impressive in first start but was against NCA&T who was not impressive.  UR severely beat up and lost so many to injury can no longer keep up with total lost.  Son is going to game and looking forward to your hospitality.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, iSpider said:

Dratings.com.  UND -5. Should be more. Richmond has 15 starters out and is dealing with brand new QB. 

Scroll down to see FCS predictions. 

15 starters out?

That cannot be 15 starters from the beginning of the season.  I am assuming it is the game #1 starter and then his replacement if he was injured or suspended.  So it could be multiples at one position? 

7 minutes ago, Hanca said:

Thanks for letting on board.  Spiders are interesting team.  Tend to struggle on both kickoff coverage and return but otherwise solid on special teams.  Pass to set up run. New QB looked impressive in first start but was against NCA&T who was not impressive.  UR severely beat up and lost so many to injury can no longer keep up with total lost.  Son is going to game and looking forward to your hospitality.

UND has an All-American kick returner (also the starting RB), so that bodes well. However, UND fair catches the majority of punts, which is honestly a good thing considering how many close-calls they've had when they don't.

Hospitality will be top notch as it always is. Might be a little cold, but there will still be a good amount of people out in the tailgating lots prior to the game.

Hanca:

First, you'll need this. Be sure to tell your team to dress warm. ;)
http://www.weather.gov/fgf/ 

Next, the venue. Remember the noise from Fargodome? Well, our venue holds fewer, but the facility is more compact and the roof is lower and curved back down toward the field. Net effect is ... louder. http://www.aleruscenter.com/ 

And finally, as Cratter says, staying attached to the arena isn't a bad option. 
https://www.canadinns.com/stay/grand-forks/home/

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hanca said:

Welcome!

I sure hope he enjoys his time in Grand Forks! There are plenty of hotels located very close to the Alerus Center, including the attached Canad Inn which has bars and eateries to pass the time before or after the game. 

Again, my thanks.  This time for welcoming remarks and kind advice I will give to my son.  Wish I could be there but I have conference.  Can only hope ESPN3 announcers are better than usual performance.  I have no doubt he will have a ball based on what I have read here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hanca said:

Again, my thanks.  This time for welcoming remarks and kind advice I will give to my son.  Wish I could be there but I have conference.  Can only hope ESPN3 announcers are better than usual performance.  I have no doubt he will have a ball based on what I have read here.

Tell him to stop by the tailgating lot.  Should be able to get food and a beer from just about any group. Hope he has fun.

On 11/27/2016 at 9:43 AM, Bison06 said:

Quick, somebody bring up the nickel trophy or the all time series record, so we can get back to disliking each other already. 

:lol:

OK, a Nickel Trophy story that's also about my Dad.   He was a graduate of NDSU, and a coin collector.    He educated me about the Buffalo Nickel, which has a Sioux on the front and a Bison on the back.   It was after I went to UND that I started calling them Sioux Nickels.   Something he never really appreciated.   :)

Even so, he was happy when UND won (unless against NDSU), because its such a small state and anyone from North Dakota starts out in life or in sports as the underdog in just about anything.  Especially compared to places with more money and more people.   I'm old fashioned enough to share that view.