SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Weber St.

bincitysioux

Obviously we all know the next game on the schedule is the biggest game on the schedule.  To say this is a big game is an understatement.  Weber is coming in here at 5-2 (4-0 Big Sky) and winners of 5 straight.  They scored 20+ unanswered points in the 4th quarter last night in a come from behind win on the road against rival Southern Utah to stay unbeaten in the conference.  

A lot has been made about last year's loss to Idaho St. costing UND a spot in the playoffs in 2015.  One could easily argue that our loss at Weber last year was just as damaging.  For those who forget how it unfolded in Ogden last year, we were leading late and in a position to put them away in the 4th quarter before allowing them to score 15 unanswered points to escape with a one point victory.

In 2014, UND was not a good football team, but Weber was pretty awful too.  They came into the Alerus and basically embarrassed us that year 24-12, but the game wasn't that close.  I remember being furious about that loss.

Let's hope the offensive line gets back on track for this game and run them out of our building next week.  #LeaveNoDoubt

• Upvote 4

It appears they will bring in a pretty balanced attack.  I watched the end of the SUU game last night and they have some pretty good athletes in the slot.  

Defensively they are middle of the pack.  I'm guessing they watch the ISU film and put 8 in the box to make us beat them throwing the ball.  

Absoluteky need a clean game next week.  Getting Reyes and possibly Taj back wouldn't hurt either.  Offensively, the backs need to take what's there and not put our OL and TEs in bad positions by trying to bounce everything.  Watch Gordon on tape and do that.  

Based on the results of the Yotes against both teams, UND should rally from a 6 TD deficit at the start of the 4th quarter to pull off the W.

Not game related, but I challenge the UND fan base to match the $10,000 plus funds raised for Sara Hill, the wife of Weber State head coach Jay Hill.  Sara was recently diagnosed with  Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

As much as 9-2 and a top 8 seed has been fun to talk about over the last couple weeks, I think yesterday, though a win (on the road, no less), is a wake up call. Another loss, perhaps even two, is a strong possibility. Fortunately, the two toughest teams are played at home. Hopefully yesterday's performance was an anomaly. 

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

As much as 9-2 and a top 8 seed has been fun to talk about over the last couple weeks, I think yesterday, though a win (on the road, no less), is a wake up call. Another loss, perhaps even two, is a strong possibility. Fortunately, the two toughest teams are played at home. Hopefully yesterday's performance was an anomaly. 

Geez, wait until we start losing games to talk negative.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if there was gonna be a sellout this year wouldn't this be it??? undefeated in conf play and no hockey in town??? 13K plus!

There won't be a sellout this year. Possible the lack of hockey may keep some people from driving in from far away to catch 3 games instead of just 1.

Ok I am pretty sure that you all say that the upcoming game is the biggest game of the season....LOL.  Obviously, all games are big ones and must be won to stay in the hunt for the post season.  I think UND will bounce back and clean up issues from the game against ISU.  They have shown they can do that from games early in the season.  I am an optimist. 

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

Holy, step back from the ledge. UND is still undefeated in conference and at home this season and 2 of their last 3 are in the Al. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Holy, step back from the ledge. UND is still undefeated in conference and at home this season and 2 of their last 3 are in the Al. 

I wouldn't say I'm on the ledge, as I am still high on this team. I will admit that that I've never thought UND would be seeded, even at 9-2. And after yesterday, I think 8-3 would be much more realistic, and I think every one here would consider that a success. At that mark, We still should be in position to host a first round playoff game, which I think would be the ultimate reward for the regular season. 

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I wouldn't say I'm on the ledge, as I am still high on this team. I will admit that that I've never thought UND would be seeded, even at 9-2. And after yesterday, I think 8-3 would be much more realistic, and I think every one here would consider that a success. At that mark, We still should be in position to host a first round playoff game, which I think would be the ultimate reward for the regular season. 

3 wins to 5 wins to 7 wins....... hmmmm..... seems kind of like we're supposed to win 9 this season.....

• Upvote 2