SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs SUU 1PM

geaux_sioux

34 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

40 mins to 20 TOP= domination!!  

Und is getting really "lucky" winning these games.  Can't wait to hear what the pollsters excuse will be this week.   

I'm sure the committee has us on the bubble looking in ... from a distance. These win were mostly lucky and really USD is probably more deserving than us. 

This could be the tequilla talking, but this team may be better off having losses for the first two games.  Totally undefeated at this point might not have been the best for them mentally.

i like who they are now...still have that drive to prove themselves.  I think it will serve them better later in the seeason.

thoughts?

10 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

The student section cheered louder trying to get free deeks pizza than actually cheering during the game.:D

Noticed that as well, they yet don't realize the good football team we have? Best performance of season and even with all our injuries. This team is improving tremendously every week, tons of credit to the coaches! I would also give the student section somewhat similar credit, getting better as the season goes on!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

All the Griz fans calling for SUU to work the UND pretenders are pretty quiet tonight....

Griz fans like their team for years.....fold up quickly and quietly when things don't go as expected.

14 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Great win!!!  

My take aways:

1- Torrey is being picked on, he needs to correct a few flaws.  Und leads the nation in INTs but seem to give up so much in between those INTs. Passing teams have me worried 

2- cieslak- WOW nice game!  Great to see him show off his capabilities.  He was literally everywhere!   That d line is just so deep and talented.

3- we have an offense!!......and a deep talented offense!! Rudolph has called 3 great games ...kudos!   Three great rbs, the young big wrs are getting better, Keaton is much much improved since the first three games and the most important, the o line is GELLED!!! I still would like und to get the TEs more involved 

4-Aussold has been fantastic!  The  Aussold to reed connection is the best in the fcs.  Great job

5- flowers played a good game. Hate to see injuries but when given the chance to play major minutes, it's nice to see the back ups get it done. 

6- what a timely timeout by bubba when suu was driving again on and were down in the red zone.   Not only held them scoreless on that possession but the adjustments they called were continued through the remainder of the game. Great time out and great adjustments!  

7- nice size crowd, just wish the GF people knew they can cheer other then 3rd downs and tds. It would make home field advantage really home advantage if noise was continuous.  Namely when passing teams visit.  

8.  5-2 (4-0) with a five game win streak and momentum!!! Keep it going ! 

You are on the money here but point #5 really stood out to me. I watched the safeties a bit closer yesterday and I thought Flowers played really well. Palmborg can clean up his game a bit but they did well in place of Reyes. 

41 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Great win!!!  

My take aways:

1- Torrey is being picked on, he needs to correct a few flaws.  Und leads the nation in INTs but seem to give up so much in between those INTs. Passing teams have me worried 

2- cieslak- WOW nice game!  Great to see him show off his capabilities.  He was literally everywhere!   That d line is just so deep and talented.

3- we have an offense!!......and a deep talented offense!! Rudolph has called 3 great games ...kudos!   Three great rbs, the young big wrs are getting better, Keaton is much much improved since the first three games and the most important, the o line is GELLED!!! I still would like und to get the TEs more involved 

4-Aussold has been fantastic!  The  Aussold to reed connection is the best in the fcs.  Great job

5- flowers played a good game. Hate to see injuries but when given the chance to play major minutes, it's nice to see the back ups get it done. 

6- what a timely timeout by bubba when suu was driving again on and were down in the red zone.   Not only held them scoreless on that possession but the adjustments they called were continued through the remainder of the game. Great time out and great adjustments!  

7- nice size crowd, just wish the GF people knew they can cheer other then 3rd downs and tds. It would make home field advantage really home advantage if noise was continuous.  Namely when passing teams visit.  

Completely agree with your 7th point. UND's defense would be that much better if the crowd contributed on every defensive down.

51 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Great win!!!  

My take aways:

I really thought the timeout (point #6) was the turning point of the game. Right up before that I was preparing for a close game to the finish. 

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

Tom Miller posted this on twitter this morning. Should've hung 52 on 'em 

https://mobile.twitter.com/JTESCHER37/status/787626638519304192

I have always liked how respectful Bubba has been when the game is on our hands, but I think it might be time to just start hanging points on teams if they are going to run pointless plays with under 25 seconds and down 22.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I have always liked how respectful Bubba has been when the game is on our hands, but I think it might be time to just start hanging points on teams if they are going to run pointless plays with under 25 seconds and down 22.

Hard to argue with this.  

Outsatanding to see Bubba stand up for his team.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

You are on the money here but point #5 really stood out to me. I watched the safeties a bit closer yesterday and I thought Flowers played really well. Palmborg can clean up his game a bit but they did well in place of Reyes. 

Yup. Palmborg is good but I thought flowers out shined him.   Our backups got some minutes as well as experience and we get a W!   Great thing is, Cole will be back 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Completely agree with your 7th point. UND's defense would be that much better if the crowd contributed on every defensive down.

When the crowd is in it the opposing team is rattled.  We need to keep them rattled!  Hard to believe that the students can't make noise like they do when they see a pizza.   Would be nice 

The only time I'm not chirping is on 3rd down and just high five for tds.  My voice is a mess usually by 2nd qtr.

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Yup. Palmborg is good but I thought flowers out shined him.   Our backups got some minutes as well as experience and we get a W!   Great thing is, Cole will be back 

Palmborg got pulled after the missed tackle on the long bubble screen TD.  SUU ran that same play again in the very next series & Flowers absolutely lit that kid up. Nice to see. Flowers did look pretty damn good all game. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 77iceman said:

This could be the tequilla talking, but this team may be better off having losses for the first two games.  Totally undefeated at this point might not have been the best for them mentally.

i like who they are now...still have that drive to prove themselves.  I think it will serve them better later in the seeason.

thoughts?

I will not say that they're better off but I would say it keeps their mindset in check.  Losses are not a good thing but they know they need to win every game from here on out and you can see that in their play.  You could also say that when your undefeated you play with a swagger, which can be both good or bad, but also the fact that a #1 seed and guaranteed home field is awaiting for the playoffs.  What the two losses have done is given them a sense of urgency and drive.   

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Absolutely... down 22 & they snap the ball w/ 8 seconds left???? Then pull that BS w/ a chest-thump to put the exclamation point on it.  Total bush-league, especially considering we ran it 3 times up the gut & then kneeled on 4th down, the game should've ended with SUU running 1 play to start the clock. 

Ya, I am calling you out #70.  You are probably a total loser now and you will probably be a loser your whole life.  Great gamesmanship.  For 99% of all players there is a mutual respect.  I guess you are in the 1% club that are total Dicks, and your coaches and teammates know it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

When the crowd is in it the opposing team is rattled.  We need to keep them rattled!  Hard to believe that the students can't make noise like they do when they see a pizza.   Would be nice 

The only time I'm not chirping is on 3rd down and just high five for tds.  My voice is a mess usually by 2nd qtr.

NDSU and the Fargodome does it every down that their defense is on the field. Remember how it messed up UND's offense last year? Alerus Center and UND could easily do that to other opponents, as well.