SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ MSU 3PM

geaux_sioux

Offense was their own worst enemy today.  Moved the ball when we mixed it up.  Olivera needs more carries with Santiago in the slot.  Make the linebackers read something before filling the gaps.  

Thought Studs looked better today. 

Thise officials were fucking awful.  Let MSU dbs grab every play, called UND tight.

Ugly win but it was on the road and counts the same.  Clean things up for next week boys. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

Offense was their own worst enemy today.  Moved the ball when we mixed it up.  Olivera needs more carries with Santiago in the slot.  Make the linebackers read something before filling the gaps.  

Thought Studs looked better today. 

Thise officials were fucking awful.  Let MSU dbs grab every play, called UND tight.

Ugly win but it was on the road and counts the same.  Clean things up for next week boys. 

Yes, lots of work to do on offense. Bubba needs to light a fire under his entire offense, including Rudolph as far as I'm concerned. 

4 minutes ago, homer said:

I agree.....if we didn't have so many penalties in the second half, we were moving the ball and Rudy did call a couple swing type passes on first down that worked.  We had a RB that ran for 170 yards, that's not too shabby......but on the other hand it certainly was ugly at times and penalties at such critical times, makes you pull your hair out. 

Ugly game for both teams and the officiating was terrible.  The offensive line has a long way to go and as great as JS can be he did a very poor job of using his blocks today.  You can't bounce it outside on runs all the time when the blocking isn't designed for that.  It works sometimes when the defense collapses inside but today it looked like he kept trying to bust it outside and it wasn't happening.  The secondary had a very good game overall and I can think of two PI called that were bad during the game as well.  Oliveira had a good game, he ran hard and followed the blocking when it was decent. 

it's great to win but the entire offense needs to play a lot better going forward. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Special teams is FG KO and Punt. We're good on 2/3 of that. Our offense is much worse than that.

Miss a couple FGs and give away an onside kick.......that's a D- in my book. Plus Santiago not fielding a punt cost 30+ yards in field position.  That's bad miscues in all 3 areas....maybe my 2/3s are different than yours...but you did drink a lot.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Anybody think Studsrud and/or the O-Line can get better as the season goes on? We won't win many more games if the offense can't cash in on all these turnovers.

Penalties really hurt today but there are other areas where the offense can improve. Offensive line is the obvious area, but allowing Studsrud to throw the ball more and get in a rhythm early would possibly help too. Bottomline, UND's offense just needs to execute better and be more clutch. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Penalties really hurt today but there are other areas where the offense can improve. Offensive line is the obvious area, but allowing Studsrud to throw the ball more and get in a rhythm early would possibly help too. Bottomline, UND's offense just needs to execute better and be more clutch. 

Roll Studsrud out more, he seems to make more plays doing that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Miss a couple FGs and give away an onside kick.......that's a D- in my book. Plus Santiago not fielding a punt cost 30+ yards in field position.  Maybe my 2/3s are different than yours...but you did drink a lot.

Bunch of really good punts with great coverage. Good kick coverage as well. You're looking at three plays. I agree about the FGs though. He needs to be better, he's not a fr anymore.