SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

In fairness, those "details" were difficult to include in many applications, such as embroidery on hats and other places where size and/or color limitations make every interlocking ND look basically the same.  The marketplace matters, and making stuff for people to buy is very important.  Whether passionate sports fans can spot the differences is not the critical issue; casual fans and average consumers are where it counts.

True.

But that makes the new logo a fail as well.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

You are insinuating he was actually thinking about playing defense.

Probably would have been easier if he could have focused on just his guy instead of that plus the extra option or two coming at him. Wasn't the kind of defenseman who had the agility to take on odd man rushes multiple times a game, he was built to completely handle his own responsibility and take his own guy out of the play.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Not sure I follow.  Are you suggesting that the current FH logo is difficult to reproduce?  Or that consumers are somehow confused?

No. Consumers do not want to buy it. The demand right now is for items without the logo on them.(example, University of North Dakota or UND Football...Hockey..Basketball...etc.)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, petey23 said:

No. Consumers do not want to buy it. The demand right now is for items without the logo on them.(example, University of North Dakota or UND Football...Hockey..Basketball...etc.)

That wasn't even remotely my original point, but you're entitled to your opinion.  Maybe UND can publish some royalty data and prove us all right/wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

People are buying into it. Are you assuming because 90% of the fans at the REA is wearing a Sioux jersey no one is buying it? The fans of the University of North Dakota exist outside of the hockey arena.

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

People are buying into it. Are you assuming because 90% of the fans at the REA is wearing a Sioux jersey no one is buying it? The fans of the University of North Dakota exist outside of the hockey arena.

Not assuming anything. Just know what kind of apparel our customers are ordering. Retailers tend to order product they can sell.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, petey23 said:

Not assuming anything. Just know what kind of apparel our customers are ordering. Retailers tend to order product they can sell.

You're in the business.....you have insight. Plus if you visit with anyone in the know at Scheels they'll tell you UND sales are down significantly since the new nickname and logo came out. 

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You're in the business.....you have insight. Plus if you visit with anyone in the know at Scheels they'll tell you UND sales are down significantly since the new nickname and logo came out. 

Compared to what the Sioux logo? No sh*t Sherlock, that’s nothing new. The logo is a whole one year old, check sales in 5 or 10 years from now it may paint a different picture.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Compared to what the Sioux logo? No sh*t Sherlock, that’s nothing new. The logo is a whole one year old, check sales in 5 or 10 years from now it may paint a different picture.

I'll try and explain this like I would to a five year old. Given the choice between a polo or t-shirt or hood or pullover or whatever item you would like to decorate supporting UND,  and having the choice between a garment decorated with or without the logo and/or nickname, the choice the consumer is making by an overwhelming margin is to choose the items with no reference to the new name or logo. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

I'll try and explain this like I would to a five year old. Given the choice between a polo or t-shirt or hood or pullover or whatever item you would like to decorate supporting UND,  and having the choice between a garment decorated with or without the logo and/or nickname, the choice the consumer is making by an overwhelming margin is to choose the items with no reference to the new name or logo. 

:silly:  Like I said, logo is one year old do your analysis in 5 to 10 years for a more accurate rating of the sale of the Hawk logo.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

How about you compare this length of time selling the new logo to that same time selling the Sioux logo! What do you get.... Sherlock?

Let’s start with a 50:1 ratio and that’s probably pretty damn close. 

I don’t know one friend or colleague that has purchased any Fighting Hawks appaeral. Any new purchase has been the Univsity of North Dakota ONLY. 

9 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

How about you compare this length of time selling the new logo to that same time selling the Sioux logo! What do you get.... Sherlock?

New name and logo vs a name that was 80 years old. How much sales was there when the name went from Flickertails to the Sioux (Fighting wasn’t added until way later) that’s your idea? Go find the receipts in 1930 and tell me what you come up with.

8 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Let’s start with a 50:1 ratio and that’s probably pretty damn close. 

I don’t know one friend or colleague that has purchased any Fighting Hawks appaeral. Any new purchase has been the Univsity of North Dakota ONLY. 

I know 2 people on my block here in Fargo that wear Hawk gear and have a Fighting Hawk sign in their yard (3 if you include me). I also have a boss that wears a Fighting Hawk hoodie. 

A lot of times our opinions are tied to our perceptions. A person might think that no one likes the Hawk logo and name because none of their friends like it or they don't see other people wearing it. That might be because the friends or people that they spend a lot of time around them might not have a lot of it or none at all. At the same end, there are people who have others all around them wearing the new logo constantly and they get the opinion that the community seem to really be buying into it. Its all about the bubble that people keep themselves in. The same thing can deal with everything in life and is probably most often seen in politics.

Because of this, unless you come strapped with PDFs with hard sales figures, i'm going to take everything everyone says as pure wild conjecture. Right now, its purely Schrödinger's hawk...its both selling well and selling poorly.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

A lot of times our opinions are tied to our perceptions. A person might think that no one likes the Hawk logo and name because none of their friends like it or they don't see other people wearing it. That might be because the friends or people that they spend a lot of time around them might not have a lot of it or none at all. At the same end, there are people who have others all around them wearing the new logo constantly and they get the opinion that the community seem to really be buying into it. Its all about the bubble that people keep themselves in. The same thing can deal with everything in life and is probably most often seen in politics.

Because of this, unless you come strapped with PDFs with hard sales figures, i'm going to take everything everyone says as pure wild conjecture. Right now, its purely Schrödinger's hawk...its both selling well and selling poorly.

Well put. And furthermore, regardless of what apparel anyone chooses, as long as it represents UND in some way shape or form — I say it’s all good. I, like many others I know, own and wear all forms, FS, interlocking, Hawks, etc.  For most of us, it’s about our favorite school at the end of the day— that and not being seen in anything p!$$ yellow or maroon and urine.   LOL! Go UND!

• Upvote 2

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, Oxbow6 said:

I am surprised by several long-time UND fans (that I thought were die hard FS proponents) that are wearing FH gear.  For myself, I bought a new banner for my office in the new North Dakota font and cut off the FH logo and FH letters on the bottom.  I'm in the North Dakota only camp as mentioned above by SiouxForever.

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, that seals the deal, I guess.  The logo is extremely popular on one block of the street somewhere in Fargo!  :lol:

6 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

ChesterFritz90 hit it it right on the head, lotta conjecture being thrown around here with the tiniest of sample sizes being projected onto a massive population of people. I'm in the 'show me some real numbers' camp as well. 

• Upvote 1