283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

12 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

People on here question the loyalty to UND of a hockey coach and captain that just won us a national championship 2 months ago because of one tweet... Only on siouxsports.com

Lets not forget Berry has taken the trophy all over town so the fans can enjoy it. Also, Berry is of the mind see that no player is bigger than the school or the program. Brad could be coaching at the NHL level but is coaching at UND. Questioning Berry's loyalty is a non-starter and short sighted. I wouldn't go there. Finally, if I am not mistaken he has also graduated from UND. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

Lets not forget Berry has taken the trophy all over town so the fans can enjoy it. Also, Berry is of the mind see that no player is bigger than the school or the program. Brad could be coaching at the NHL level but is coaching at UND. Questioning Berry's loyalty is a non-starter and short sighted. I wouldn't go there. Finally, if I am not mistaken he has also graduated from UND. 

It's not one tweet that cause some people to question his loyalty to UND.  It's his lack of ever tweeting the Fighting Hawks name that may have people questioning his loyalty to helping UND move forward from the Sioux name.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, sprig said:

If everyone would quit tweeting,  we'd all be better off.  Good grief,  not tweeting enough support.  You've got to be kidding.  

This certainly screams support for the new name/logo:

We've had success because of the players we've brought into our community and team. We have to keep bringing in players with those same attributes to continue to have success. The most important thing is the player inside that uniform.

FYI... Jayson says the bird will always be white, so here are a couple unofficial looks for the on-grey and on-black backgrounds/jerseys:

White_Bird_Green_ND_on_Grey.jpg

White_Bird_Green_ND_on_Black.jpg

White_Bird_Green_ND_on_Black_Green_Breas

And I have no idea what they're going to do with the black breast part on a green jersey, so here's a couple options:

White_Bird_Black_ND_on_Green_Black_Breas

White_Bird_Black_ND_on_Green_Green_Breas

Official color variations should be arriving in the next two weeks apparently.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Good thing I'm well stocked with lots of gear with the old nickname and logo on it...................

Ditto! Plus enough gear with North Dakota and the interlocking ND on it.

"It could be worse."

Absolutely........ so that is why it gets a 'D' in our book.

Because of it looking like a knock off of the USPS logo, we think a new cheer with 'Going Postal' in it would be hilarious. Kind of like what this thread has turned into. :0

12 minutes ago, southpaw said:

FYI... Jayson says the bird will always be white, so here are a couple unofficial looks for the on-grey and on-black backgrounds/jerseys:

And I have no idea what they're going to do with the black breast part on a green jersey, so here's a couple options:

I know people have said the hawk will never be used without the ND, but I think the football helmets would look really cool if they used large hawk logos facing forward. It would give it the wing look similar to Philly or Oregon. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

I know people have said the hawk will never be used without the ND, but I think the football helmets would look really cool if they used large hawk logos facing forward. It would give it the wing look similar to Philly or Oregon. 

White_Bird_Grey_Background.jpg

Logo_on_Grey_Helmet.jpg

White_Bird_on_Grey_Helmet.jpg

Just_wing_on_Grey_Helmet.jpg

Wing_with_Eye_on_Grey_Helmet.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Goon said:

The anti hockey folks come up with good stuff.  It's almost an ag school type inferiority complex.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Official color variations should be arriving in the next two weeks apparently.

At the very, very, very least, the background should always be the geographical outline of North Dakota instead of just a rectangle.

I know this thread is specific to the reaction and grading of the logo.  I would like to address it in a different way.  We see the numerous pages trashing the logo and some say just to move on and suck it up.  My question is, if this was the logo associated with "Fighting Hawks", would it have even survived to be in the final five?  I know how I graded it, and I used that criteria in doing so.

12 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

The anti hockey folks come up with good stuff.  It's almost an ag school type inferiority complex.

Can you tell me who you are referring to when talking about "anti-hockey folks"?

I can't think of one person on here or otherwise that is "anti-hockey", but I guess I could be wrong.

Did hyperbole get the best of you here? 

I do respect the emotion and passion on the topic, but do not believe that anyone here that is a fan of The University of North Dakota is "anti-hockey". 

11 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

At the very, very, very least, the background should always be the geographical outline of North Dakota instead of just a rectangle.

SME is on the phone....they want to know if you have any other good ideas. :)

3 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Can you tell me who you are referring to when talking about "anti-hockey folks"?

I can't think of one person on here or otherwise that is "anti-hockey", but I guess I could be wrong.

Did hyperbole get the best of you here? 

I do respect the emotion and passion on the topic, but do not believe that anyone here that is a fan of The University of North Dakota is "anti-hockey". 

There are anti hockey folks, just like there are hockey only folks.  In my opinion there are more hockey only than there are anti hockey but they both do exist.