SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Volleyball season

dmksioux

9 hours ago, Dagger said:

Coach Pryor said he would like to play a home and away match with NDSU every year.    NDSU said no to  that request.    I don't blame them.

A decade or so ago a 3-0 smoke job would've had the good guys on the wrong end of the score. My how the times have changed.

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Full house w lots of UND fans.

I was there, and the UND fans were definitely more in tune to what was going on, as in, they've actually been to a volleyball game before.  Even when NDSU was had set point a couple time in set 3, their fans were not very boisterous.  They probably had a good sense how it was going to end.  This was the second time I went to a UND/NDSU volleyball in Fargo, and sat in the exact same spot both time:  right behind the UND bench (sets 1 & 3) in the first row (basically the only spot left).  The visiting team must not have a locker room, because our girls and coaches never left the floor during the 10 minute intermission.  It was kind of fun to hear the halftime speech, even though I'm sure it was waaaay tuned down compared to what would be said in a private setting.

10 hours ago, Dagger said:

Coach Pryor said he would like to play a home and away match with NDSU every year.    NDSU said no to  that request.    I don't blame them.

I would guess that the NDSU volleyball coach doesn't want UND in the Summit.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dagger said:

Must not want what appears to be a 50% attendance bump over their season high.

Pretty blunt comments from Pryor:
"This is what college athletics is all about," said Pryor. "We should play the Bison home and away every year. It's just a great opportunity for two solid teams to play in two great venues, Bentsen Bunker Fieldhouse and the Betty, twice a year in front of a packed house, and an opportunity to grow the game in the state. The only real loser here is the state of North Dakota (not playing twice). Whether we win or lose this match, I am not going to change my stance on this, and I have been very consistent with this since I was hired in January of 2014. It just makes too much sense for both schools. It's great for fans and the student-athletes."

• Upvote 1

UND had some sloppy stretches in every set. IMO match wasn't even as close a scores indicated. These 2 teams play 10 time this season and UND wins all 10. Not sure what to make of Pryor............interesting demeanor on the sideline. Seems to command the respect of the girls but noticed he often looked towards the UND fans/parents behind the UND bench, where we were seated, when trying to make points or observations to the team.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I was there, and the UND fans were definitely more in tune to what was going on, as in, they've actually been to a volleyball game before.  Even when NDSU was had set point a couple time in set 3, their fans were not very boisterous.  They probably had a good sense how it was going to end.  This was the second time I went to a UND/NDSU volleyball in Fargo, and sat in the exact same spot both time:  right behind the UND bench (sets 1 & 3) in the first row (basically the only spot left).  The visiting team must not have a locker room, because our girls and coaches never left the floor during the 10 minute intermission.  It was kind of fun to here the halftime speech, even though I'm sure it was waaaay tuned down compared to what would be said in a private setting.

I was listening to it on the radio, and Paul said they most likely didn't go to the locker room was because the last time they took the 1st 2 sets in a match was at Idaho State and when they came out of the locker room it was as if it was an entirely different team, and I don't think they wanted last night's result to go the way it did against the Bengals.  So this must have been a Jedi mind trick type of move to keep whatever momentum going, by keeping the players out by the court, at the break.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty blunt comments from Pryor:
"This is what college athletics is all about," said Pryor. "We should play the Bison home and away every year. It's just a great opportunity for two solid teams to play in two great venues, Bentsen Bunker Fieldhouse and the Betty, twice a year in front of a packed house, and an opportunity to grow the game in the state. The only real loser here is the state of North Dakota (not playing twice). Whether we win or lose this match, I am not going to change my stance on this, and I have been very consistent with this since I was hired in January of 2014. It just makes too much sense for both schools. It's great for fans and the student-athletes."

He is spot on.

6 minutes ago, the green team said:

I was listening to it on the radio, and Paul said they most likely didn't go to the locker room was because the last time they took the 1st 2 sets in a match was at Idaho State and when they came out of the locker room it was as if it was an entirely different team, and I don't think they wanted last night's result to go the way it did against the Bengals.  So this must have been a Jedi mind trick type of move to keep whatever momentum going, by keeping the players out by the court, at the break.

Interesting. I guess if he doesn't have much to say to them or any X's and O's to go over, may as well keep them fresh and loose.

14 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Isn't NDSU volleyball moving to the new BSA for at least big games?  If not, NDSU vb must not be seen having potential.

I'm sure BisonDan or others will be here shortly to discuss how important funding women's sports is in Fargo.  

I'd use purple so they could understand but have no idea how   

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

SAC did finish the sweep of NAU.  EWU, PSU winners as well.  Idaho up 2-1 on ISU

With the NAU loss, UND is back in control of their own destiny for hosting the Big Sky postseason.  (alternately, NAU is still in control of their destiny, too.  Right now, it's all hinging on the Nov. 10 matchup between the two schools, their only meeting of the regular season.)