SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Just got word that Alex Roos and Duggie Lagrone have left the CC Tiger program. Upper classmen that had gotten very little playing time under Haviland as of late. At the rate coach Haviland is going, he won't have enough skaters to dress.

How in the hell is anyone supposed to compete with BU? They didn't just have seven players at the world juniors, they had six of the best players in the tournament. I kind of want them in the tournament just to see how it would go but at the same time I want to avoid them. Those players were all studs.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How in the hell is anyone supposed to compete with BU? They didn't just have seven players at the world juniors, they had six of the best players in the tournament. I kind of want them in the tournament just to see how it would go but at the same time I want to avoid them. Those players were all studs.

Score more goals than they do

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm going to kindly disagree with you on this. Oettinger was the 3rd string goalie for the US and Harper was the 13th forward that didn't play a second in the gold medal game. McAvoy, Keller and Greenway are studs and Bellows and Fabbro are nice players but those 2 I wouldn't consider two of the best. Still ridiculous to have that many players from one team in the tourney.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I'm going to kindly disagree with you on this. Oettinger was the 3rd string goalie for the US and Harper was the 13th forward that didn't play a second in the gold medal game. McAvoy, Keller and Greenway are studs and Bellows and Fabbro are nice players but those 2 I wouldn't consider two of the best. Still ridiculous to have that many players from one team in the tourney.

Oettinger was the odd man out. Everyone else was a stud.

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm not impressed by who they've beat. the only two impressive wins they have are Vermont (PWR 11) and Union (PWR 9). Vermont has been the only top team in Hockey East they've played and they split with UConn who is right below them in the conference.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Score more goals than they do

latest?cb=20080130030643

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

You have to think when things start to gel there, they will be dam hard to take down. 

21 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Buccigross man-crushing on all of them during a tournament game is gonna result in many mute buttons being pushed.  If you thought his lusting over Eichel was bad...

They'll probably lose in the first round so at least it'll be over quick. 

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well, probably don't want to play fire wagon hockey with them but Denver swept them and they somehow found a way to lose to Michigan, UConn, and Vermont.

But, yeah they are going to be a tough out in the NCAA tournament for sure.

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Winning the world juniors is an impressive feat but not as impressive as winning the NCAA frozen four. Will any of those boys be here next year or the year after? A great freshman player or two, in this case 7, can help win the FF but it takes a team of talented and gritty players with experienced role playing leadership to win it all. You need the guys who will dive in front of a puck more than the ones who can dangle the puck. 

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Buccigross man-crushing on all of them during a tournament game is gonna result in many mute buttons being pushed.  If you thought his lusting over Eichel was bad...

He does act like he's the leading authority of anything hockey.

His "man-crushes" are pretty bad.

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He does act like he's the leading authority of anything hockey.

His "man-crushes" are pretty bad.

He knows more about the prospects than the game itself. But the youngsters love his slang so I guess it's good for the game being a college sport and all.

Is doc contractually not allowed to do espn?

Just now, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He knows more about the prospects than the game itself. But the youngsters love his slang so I guess it's good for the game being a college sport and all.

Is doc contractually not allowed to do espn?

I thought it was funny when ESPN brought him back early from the WCH and left Levey there to call the rest of the games.

I don't think he knows anything about any prospects, he just follows them and acts like he does.