SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 IIHF U18 World Championship

fight on sioux

US vs. Finland at 3, Canada vs. Sweden at 7.  1 ticket, 2 games.  Will hear a lot of these names early in the NHL draft this year.  Looking forward to seeing Pulijivari for the Finns.  Also Tolvanen - any chance he'll play college next year?  

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:58 PM, brianvf said:

He's playing amazing right now!  2nd scorer (USA's Yamamoto) has 9 pts compared to his 14, but USA has played one less game until tonight.
Honestly, if Schmaltz stays and Jost lives up to expectations, that line could be as fun to watch as last year's CBS line.

I barely noticed Jost vs USA. The Finn though, he looked unreal. Hopefully the Blue Jackets get him!

1 hour ago, joeyjr said:

I barely noticed Jost vs USA. The Finn though, he looked unreal. Hopefully the Blue Jackets get him!

Team Canada came out flat and never got much going for offensive flow the whole game.  I did notice that Jost never gave up and hustled until the final whistle.  He will be a very good player in green and white!

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

To me Logan Brown stood out more than any other player in the tournament. Big, athletic, and sways making plays happen. Too bad he's playing Canadian juniors.

I thought he improved his stock in this tourney as well. Actually I think that entire line of Brown, Yamamoto and Middlested all had a solid tourney. In my opinion, Clayton Keller was the best player in the tourney other than the Finn Puljujarvi (sorry don't know how to spell his name). I thought Jost looked solid but nothing flashy. I will be interested to see how the scouts quantify their performances in the semi's as I thought both Jost and Keller laid eggs in the most important games. The best D I saw was Jakob Chychrun. I thought Chad Krys was the most overrated player in the tourney. I would take Lindgren over him any day (based on this tourney only).

2 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I thought he improved his stock in this tourney as well. Actually I think that entire line of Brown, Yamamoto and Middlested all had a solid tourney. In my opinion, Clayton Keller was the best player in the tourney other than the Finn Puljujarvi (sorry don't know how to spell his name). I thought Jost looked solid but nothing flashy. I will be interested to see how the scouts quantify their performances in the semi's as I thought both Jost and Keller laid eggs in the most important games. The best D I saw was Jakob Chychrun. I thought Chad Krys was the most overrated player in the tourney. I would take Lindgren over him any day (based on this tourney only).

Chase Mittlestadt, was impressive during the tourney. He's one of the younger kids on the team and we "might" see him this year when UND plays the Gophers.