SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 IIHF U18 World Championship

fight on sioux

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:37 PM, sprig said:

Didn't see the program"s number for Patrick on the ice,  but they have Fabbro's wrong,  so more numbers might be listed wrong.  21 had Tippet on the back, different name in the program, must be Dave's kid, although he is not listed at all on the program's lineup

Dave Tippett has two daughters.

14 minutes ago, MissSioux85 said:

Tickets for the relegation game on Friday night are FREE   (*Parking is FREE too!)

All you have to do is print this voucher and present it at the REA Box Office to receive as many tickets as you want.

http://tinypic.com/r/xqdwyr/9

There is no way REA is making money on this tournament. I have seen free tickets everywhere

1 minute ago, northernraider said:

There is no way REA is making money on this tournament. I have seen free tickets everywhere

There is never a guarantee of making a profit when you host an event. They knew this was going to be difficult with the $1.2 million guarantee to USA Hockey. It will be interesting to see how it comes out in the end. It might come down to who makes the gold medal game, I'm betting that they would love a USA-Canada match.

19 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

There is never a guarantee of making a profit when you host an event. They knew this was going to be difficult with the $1.2 million guarantee to USA Hockey. It will be interesting to see how it comes out in the end. It might come down to who makes the gold medal game, I'm betting that they would love a USA-Canada match.

No doubt about that.  Looking to fill the lower bowl and have to sell tickets to the upper. And it looks like it's headed that way,  unless the top 3 pick from Finland makes a big difference for them

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

What's there for food?  I heard Olympic rink might have buffet food along with the 2 for 1 beers?

2 for 1s on Sunday, not yesterday, will likely be another 2fer day sometime this week. The normal food stands are open and the Lamplighter has a $10 evening buffet. Also prime rib sandwiches starting at lunch.

10 minutes ago, sprig said:

2 for 1s on Sunday, not yesterday, will likely be another 2fer day sometime this week. The normal food stands are open and the Lamplighter has a $10 evening buffet. Also prime rib sandwiches starting at lunch.

They also had 2 for 1s last Saturday as I stopped by for a bit to check out the Dusty Rhinos...

19 minutes ago, dagies said:

Probably disowned him for going MJ instead of UND.  :)

You think.  There is a Owen Tippet playing for Canada.  Wish Nolan Patrick would have had an interest in college hockey with UND.

• Upvote 1

UND could be tops on Finland's Eeli Tolvanen's college list now that he's played in the Ralph, used the great facilities & was Sioux City roommates with UND recruit Jackson Keane. Eeli's brother is going to No. MC (http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/602226?referrer_id=1348814-top-story). UND's Janatuinen added more SISU (Finnish for Determination in Adversity!) to his game this and in Sioux City last year. Joel loved that word when I told him that at the Midwest Regional and Frozen Four.  GO SISIOUX!  LOL. Coop

2 hours ago, sprig said:

Jost with a ppg to put canada up 3-0 early in the 2nd. Also drew the penalty going to the net

Edit: 5 point game for Jost 3-2, now the leading scorer by quite a few.

He's playing amazing right now!  2nd scorer (USA's Yamamoto) has 9 pts compared to his 14, but USA has played one less game until tonight.
Honestly, if Schmaltz stays and Jost lives up to expectations, that line could be as fun to watch as last year's CBS line.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

He's playing amazing right now!  2nd scorer (USA's Yamamoto) has 9 pts compared to his 14, but USA has played one less game until tonight.
Honestly, if Schmaltz stays and Jost lives up to expectations, that line could be as fun to watch as last year's CBS line.

He is worth going to watch in this tournament.  Expect him to take right off where Drake was when he finished,  right down to playing the point and Q backing the power play.  He has Scmaltz hands to go along with Brock and Drake scoring ability.  He will light up the nchc.

Cross-post from another thread

I am calling out GF, Fargo, and beyond: get to the Ralph and support this event.  Please.

The overall quality of life here depends, in part, on drawing cool stuff, and drawing cool stuff IN THE FUTURE depends on whether people go to stuff NOW.

Empty seats are ugly.  For all of our fun and mocking at the expense of the B1G joke, the Ralph is now at risk of being the saddest show on TV.  Prove to the WORLD that this is a hockey town, and not just a UND men's hockey town.

• Upvote 2