SiouxSports.com Forum

Selection Sunday

Kooshnitz

4 hours ago, fargosioux said:

I know that Moy is never wrong with his predictions, but he's got to get something wrong one of these years.  

He nailed it again. 

Maybe the committee secretly just uses his brackets so they don't have to do any work.  :)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Espn really set a new low standard for selection shows. One guy and an analyst on the phone for 3 min. Used to have two guys in studio and multiple coaches with video feeds. I know they don't give two shits about hockey but wow.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw they had UND's record as "36-4"....isn't it 30-6-4? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Espn really set a new low standard for selection shows. One guy and an analyst on the phone for 3 min. Used to have two guys in studio and multiple coaches with video feeds. I know they don't give two shits about hockey but wow.

It just seems like hockey is a non-event to ESPN now days.   The worst is that there isn't much that can be done to bump it up either.

27 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Providence was last year's last at-large - who went on to win it all.

They open against UMD, this year's last at-large.  

Seven out of the last eight National Champions have been from the East.

The exception was Duluth.

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm sure "the boys" predicted Northeastern upsetting both BC and UMass-Lowell and winding up in that bracket.  Some folks act like the UMDs and SCSUs of the world are mite programs compared to UND.  Guess what, siouxweet?  Their "boys" wanted to win too.    

Quite the contrary, I think one of those two will be your national champ.

2 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw they had UND's record as "36-4"....isn't it 30-6-4? 

Yeah, I saw that, too. They must have called someone at UND and asked about our record, and the person said, "Thirty, six, and four", and the ESPN guy said, "Okay, thirty-six and four. Got it! Thanks!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

Quite the contrary, I think one of those two will be your national champ.

Between SCSU and UMD?

I actually don't think either of them will make it out of their region.
SCSU was outplayed IMO both nights...Denver had a lot of chances hop over their sticks, and UMD outchanced them pretty handily.
I could see UMD getting a non-NCHC ref that calls all the interference they do and they'll be on the PK all game.

From my vantage point DU controlled play almost the entire 3rd period against SCSU but could only muster 5 shots. St. Cloud kept DU to the perimeter and prevented any of those passing lanes and back door passes that DU likes to make. 

Oh boy. 

We get a team that is 20-1-2 in their last 23 games... The boys better not think beyond Northeastern.     All four Boston schools in the tourney.  We brag about the NCHC, but that is something to think about. 

Hate to be Debbie downer.  We have just as good a chance to win this as about any of about 8 teams in this tourney.  I'm hoping in our 14th straight year, the puck luck come to our side...