(2) St. Cloud State v. (15) Ferris State

(7) Michigan v. (9) Boston University

Cincinnati Regional:

(3) North Dakota v. (13) Northeastern

(6) Denver v. (12) Notre Dame

Worcester Regional:

(4) Providence v. (14) Minnesota Duluth

(5) Boston College v. (11) Harvard

I noticed you didn't include the Gofers here.....:)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be the best you need to beat the best, so why not just put us and St. Cloud in St. Paul and who cares at what point you play a higher ranked team? We can beat those Clowns anyway and then all fans that want to attend are able to and support their team in person.

6 minutes ago, 01grad said:

To be the best you need to beat the best, so why not just put us and St. Cloud in St. Paul and who cares at what point you play a higher ranked team? We can beat those Clowns anyway and then all fans that want to attend are able to and support their team in person.

I hope you didn't suggest putting us and Cloud in St Paul.

You can't put 2 number 1 seeds in the same region! 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

This is what I'd guess they will do.

Albany
(1) Quinnipiac vs. (16) RIT

(8) Massachusetts Lowell vs. (10) Yale

St. Paul
(2) St. Cloud State vs. (15) Ferris State

(6) Denver vs. (9) Boston University

Cincinnati
(3) North Dakota vs. (13) Northeastern

(7) Michigan vs. (12) Notre Dame

Worcester
(4) Providence vs. (14) Minnesota Duluth

(5) Boston College vs. (11) Harvard

This... 

11 minutes ago, 01grad said:

Ah...

alcohol-the-cause-of-and-solution-to-all

52 minutes ago, 01grad said:

Okay all locals, don't go selling tickets to the West just yet!!! I looked at dates/times and we won't miss watching UND on television Friday if we are in the Midwest and Saturday we can still paint the place green for both games as the MW final isn't until 8:00 Saturday night. We can leave the X early and go pack McGovern's watching the Sioux with our own crazy party that night to send us to the frozen four! All hope is not lost as this team will regroup and make a run at #8! Youth is on our side!!!

Have you considered contacts?   :)

• Upvote 1

Man, Northeastern is going to be a tough out.  They're on a heck of a good roll, hottest team in the NCAA's in the 2nd half.
They definitely played some weaker competition during that run, but took down Harvard, UMass-Lowell, BC too.

Not the best draw for the first round...

Just now, Cratter said:

Glad UND will most likely play one of the hottest teams in the country first round. Know where you stand right out of the gate.

In looking at some of the projected brackets, North Dakota may have to go through four conference tournament champions to win the national title (Northeastern - Hockey East; Michigan - Big Ten; St. Cloud State - NCHC; and Quinnipiac - ECAC).  I'm not sure that has been done before.

For those who didn't care about the tough route and rely on the mantra that to be the best  you have to beat the best...well, if the Sioux win the title this year, they will definitely be deserving. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Well if you didn't play the team that won the conference tournament champion you just played the team that just beat the conference tournament champion.

There's no easy games.

Certainly not for North Dakota.

On the plus side, the Sioux are 23-7 in their opening NCAA Tournament games, including 10-3 under the current format. 

Northeastern hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 1988.

I think the Northeastern draw in the first round is the toughest draw of the tournament. 2 losses since December 1st after starting 2-12-1. I honestly think they may be the best current team in the Tournament, and we are going to draw them in game one. Sioux hve a great team, if they can get by Northeastern I like our chances.

One of the best bracket predictors around has it as:

East Regional (Albany):
16 RIT vs. 1 Quinnipiac
10 Yale vs 8 Massachusetts-Lowell

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
14 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 4 Providence
11 Harvard vs. 5 Boston College

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
13 Northeastern vs. 3 North Dakota
12 Notre Dame vs. 7 Michigan

West Regional (St. Paul):
15 Ferris State vs. 2 St. Cloud State
9 Boston University vs. 6 Denver

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2016/03/20/a-prediction-for-the-2016-ncaa-tournament-bracket/#ixzz43Q3e97tW

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

One of the best bracket predictors around has it as:

East Regional (Albany):
16 RIT vs. 1 Quinnipiac
10 Yale vs 8 Massachusetts-Lowell

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
14 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 4 Providence
11 Harvard vs. 5 Boston College

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
13 Northeastern vs. 3 North Dakota
12 Notre Dame vs. 7 Michigan

West Regional (St. Paul):
15 Ferris State vs. 2 St. Cloud State
9 Boston University vs. 6 Denver

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2016/03/20/a-prediction-for-the-2016-ncaa-tournament-bracket/#ixzz43Q3e97tW

I think Q, BC and SCSU reach the F4 on first look.  UND does too if they win their opening round matchup. UND would throttle MI IMO.

UMD is the dark horse. They outplayed SCSU for 40+ minutes last night.

I still say they won't punish SCSU by giving them a potential regional championship matchup with Denver.  They earned the #2 overall seed this weekend by winning the NCHC tournament.  I know that Moy is never wrong with his predictions, but he's got to get something wrong one of these years.  I'm staying with my prediction that Michigan will stay in St. Paul, and we will have Denver in our region.

5 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

I still say they won't punish SCSU by giving them a potential regional championship matchup with Denver.  They earned the #2 overall seed this weekend by winning the NCHC tournament.  I know that Moy is never wrong with his predictions, but he's got to get something wrong one of these years.  I'm staying with my prediction that Michigan will stay in St. Paul, and we will have Denver in our region.

That would suck even more for UND IMO. 

The biggest suspense is if Denver and Michigan get swapped.  We have some scores to settle with Big Blue and it would be pretty neat to end Red Berenson's career in the Region Final if it comes to that. 

Northeastern will be a real battle though; can't say I'm thrilled.  I would much rather have Ferris Buehler State. 

A matchup to watch could be Yale vs. Mass-Lowell.  Lowell may be gassed after a lot of hockey this weekend.  Sort of reminds me of UND in 2010....three battles with the Gophers and three games at the X, left nothing in the tank of NCAAs. Yale was idle this weekend.