SiouxSports.com Forum

Selection Sunday

Kooshnitz

2 hours ago, fargosioux said:

I agree.  I'd much rather see Michigan that Denver again.

No way. I'd much rather see DU again. Michigan is precisely the type of team that has given us fits this year. Talented forward line. At least we know DU.

27 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Looks like the boys will be put in perhaps the toughest regional in history under the current format.  They have no one to blame but themselves for not showing up this weekend. Good luck boys.

I'm sure "the boys" predicted Northeastern upsetting both BC and UMass-Lowell and winding up in that bracket.  Some folks act like the UMDs and SCSUs of the world are mite programs compared to UND.  Guess what, siouxweet?  Their "boys" wanted to win too.    

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Looks like the boys will be put in perhaps the toughest regional in history under the current format.  They have no one to blame but themselves for not showing up this weekend. Good luck boys.

no way, that north east region is brutal. I actually like that matchup with northeastern. Theyre on a crazy run but they're not that great of a team and they're not a deep team. Contain Roy (2 pts or less) and we have this game.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

no way, that north east region is brutal. I actually like that matchup with northeastern. Their on a crazy run but they're not that great of a team and they're not a deep team. Contain Roy (2 pts or less) and we have this game.

I agree I don't mind the Northeastern matchup. Yes I'd rather get RIT or Ferris State but Northeastern definitely has some flaws too. I only watched about a period of them last night but one thing I noticed was how passive their penalty kill was and those are the types of kills that UND has had success against this season so if Northeastern takes a few penalties I think we will be able to take advantage of those chances.

This Sioux team is just not good enough to win by playing like everyone else plays.  They have to find that special pace that is nearly unique to this program.  Way on their toes, all over the opposing puck-carrier, hard to play against.  If they can find it (and we've seen it at times this year), they can do it.  If not, it will be the end of an awesome ride, against really anyone in the tournament, even Ferris or RIT.  (I realize we're not likely to see them.  The point is that everyone is good.)  

Should remember that UMass played a 3-ot game the night before as well, so if NE looked like they were flying around them, that probably played a part. 

I would love to take down their winning streak and then take out Michigan and their one line and no defense. 

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Should remember that UMass played a 3-ot game the night before as well, so if NE looked like they were flying around them, that probably played a part. 

I would love to take down their winning streak and then take out Michigan and their one line and no defense. 

Lowell was flying around too. I didn't see the 3rd so I don't know if they ran out of gas but the first two periods were action packed back and forth.