SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC FROZEN FACEOFF - UND/SCSU/DU/UMD

AZSIOUX

Nice work, AZ.

I can't wait for this. Gonna be hard to do any work this week haha.

Personally, I hope UND gets (if I'm not mistaken, we picked last year) the Friday night game. Keep the boys in a routine and the green and white clad fans get a little tuned up and extra rowdy. I know I'll be getting ready :)

Is the alumni association hosting another gig at the Pourhouse on Friday? I love that event.

• Upvote 2

Many years ago I had the privilege of talking to a former Sioux player who won a national championship on the 2000 team.  He said winning the WCHA Final Five was a bigger accomplishment because it had tougher teams in it top to bottom.  After that tournament the NCAA tournament seemed easier.

This looks like one of those years.  The NCHC tournament is stacked to excellent hockey teams playing very good hockey.  Whoever wins on Saturday will have earned the championship banner.

Duluth, with their hot goalie has turned their season around and will be playing to win Friday.  It's going to be a fun tournament.  I hope UND is ready!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dagies said:

Many years ago I had the privilege of talking to a former Sioux player who won a national championship on the 2000 team.  He said winning the WCHA Final Five was a bigger accomplishment because it had tougher teams in it top to bottom.  After that tournament the NCAA tournament seemed easier.

This looks like one of those years.  The NCHC tournament is stacked to excellent hockey teams playing very good hockey.  Whoever wins on Saturday will have earned the championship banner.

Duluth, with their hot goalie has turned their season around and will be playing to win Friday.  It's going to be a fun tournament.  I hope UND is ready!

We'll cool his a$$ off, along with the rest of that team full of blockers and tacklers. We need to come out right away and set the pace and dare them to try and keep up with us.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We'll cool his a$$ off, along with the rest of that team full of blockers and tacklers. We need to come out right away and set the pace and dare them to try and keep up with us.

Looks like somebody is getting a haughty after beating the two worst teams in the conference. 

Go Bulldogs

• Downvote 6