SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky First Round: #5 UND vs #12 SUU (3/8 4:35 Central)

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

Heard many stories from some of my coaches about playing amateur ball with him after he disappeared on the Chicago Bulls.

When they would play in Fargo they would call the Jamestown Mental Hospital and get him out for the weekend. When they would get about 6-7 miles out of Fargo they would let him out and he would run the rest of the way and meet them at whatever Gym they were playing at.

Ekalaka, Montana used to have a big money tournament in the summer which drew amatuers and pros in the summer time since pros didn't make as much money back then and they talked about the time he dropped 37 on Michael Ray Richardson who was one of the best defenders in the NBA.

He was a money ball player.  most player in college needed 3 or 4 jock straps to guard him.

31 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If I heard right, Idaho State going for it's first ever win vs UND. 

That's what I heard to. But in the tournament records are thrown out the door. Hooker puts up 40 on them, blow them out and set the pace for the last two games.

59 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

great job jones and team...big win 

UND just beat a 5-24 SUU team...you call that a big win? C'mon man. UND played poor. 

UND was supposed to beat SUU (although you can't expect anything with Jones coaching); UND was the 5th seed and SUU was a lowly 12 seed.

if UND wants to get a "big win", they can now start winning in the quarterfinals vs teams that have actually won double-digit games. But I suppose you would even think a win against Mayville is special since it adds to Jones' pathetic W-L record...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They won.

Its all I will say

A lot of truth in this. It was ugly, they were down by more than the dreaded "5 points" they can't overcome and battled through early foul trouble but it was a win which is all that matters right now.