SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

23 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

No

so unnecessary...it's almost like they are bragging about a guy that didn't have a lot of big offers out of high school and stuck it out all 4 years and now hopefully he has a long HEALTHY career at Jerry world

dumb

Screenshot 2024-08-28 9.38.54 PM.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Tommy is better than this Michigan State starter has played... holy cow.

So by default, the top three QB's for UND (before Feeney left) are better than the Michigan State QB right....because everyone at UND thought the bench guys were better than Tommy, who is now better than Michigan State starter :D

Ok so Im at the bar and just having fun here so cut me some slack for this post lol

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 5:33 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

anyone hear where trey at least enrolled in school?

My Ferris Bueller 31 Flavors connection says he was at the St. Johns home game today.

Saw his brother Jett spin it last night in Moorhead. He is big time legit and only a sophomore. Good thing UND burned that recruiting pipeline. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You think Moorhead HS only turns out QBs at the D1 level? 

You think UND should priorize their depth chart based on Moorhead HS? 

Anderson and Teiken seem to managing just fine. Hopefully Dixon is able to shine sooner than later. He even stuck around even after the OW stuff. Unless there is something that shows TF didn't get a fair shake and was slighted for no reason, this is a pretty bad take. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You think UND should priorize their depth chart based on Moorhead HS? 

Anderson and Teiken seem to managing just fine. Hopefully Dixon is able to shine sooner than later. He even stuck around even after the OW stuff. Unless there is something that shows TF didn't get a fair shake and was slighted for no reason, this is a pretty bad take. 

Bad take? Time will tell I guess.

18 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bad take? Time will tell I guess.

So, just to be clear, you are actively advocating for a college to base playing time on where a kid came from and not who earns it? All because it might sway a different recruit down the road. Even if there are other kids from said school already earning plenty of playing time?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So, just to be clear, you are actively advocating for a college to base playing time on where a kid came from and not who earns it? All because it might away a different recruit down the road. Even if there are other kids from said school already earning plenty of playing time. 

Not sure where you went from A to Z here but no. UND made the decision to go with Romfo.....good for them. Trey left cause he wasn't going to sit another year.....good for him. Here's where I'll break it down for you. Who's Trey's father? Where does he coach? Where did he play college football? Add in the human nature of how this went down from their family's end. Perception is sometimes people's reality.  Then toss in them watching 3 games with arguably one of the worst throwers of the football of a UND starting QB. MHS produces a lot of college FB players. Some are FCS/MVC caliber. HS kids go to their coaches for advice on recruiting.  You need me to keep going or can you connect the dots yet.  Bad take....maybe? Then again maybe not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not sure where you went from A to Z here but no. UND made the decision to go with Romfo.....good for them. Trey left cause he wasn't going to sit another year.....good for him. Here's where I'll break it down for you. Who's Trey's father? Where does he coach? Where did he play college football? Add in the human nature of how this went down from their family's end. Perception is sometimes people's reality.  Then toss in them watching 3 games with arguably one of the worst throwers of the football of a UND starting QB. MHS produces a lot of college FB players. Some are FCS/MVC caliber. HS kids go to their coaches for advice on recruiting.  You need me to keep going or can you connect the dots yet.  Bad take....maybe? Then again maybe not.

The breakdown wasn’t necessary for most but greatly appreciated! 

A select few just live in their own fantasy world unfortunately

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So, just to be clear, you are actively advocating for a college to base playing time on where a kid came from and not who earns it? All because it might sway a different recruit down the road. Even if there are other kids from said school already earning plenty of playing time?

I would've maybe sided with you instead of oxbow but after seeing Simon play these 3 games Trey and his dad have to be wondering wtf happened and might tell MHS and other local talent that und is a sinking ship.....BUT 2-1 and time will...it always does.

• Downvote 4