SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Just let me know when you have ever seen a Sioux/Hawk loss where you felt that the team put in a solid 60 full minutes and still got beat.  

Momentum changes constantly during almost any hockey game.  Sounds like you expect nothing less than NHL Blackhawks vs Bloomington Jefferson Mites C total domination every single game.  

Honestly the last loss I watched where I thought the effort was there was last year against BU. But to be fair I didn't see the SCSU loss or either game this weekend. No one will ever convince me the Wisconsin and Omaha losses weren't terrible this year. Everything I read about last night's game sounds like we played well though. Its pretty difficult to double up the shot attempts on your opponent and place as bad as everyone makes it sound on this board. Buccigross called the most entertaining game of the season.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Just let me know when you have ever seen a Sioux/Hawk loss where you felt that the team put in a solid 60 full minutes and still got beat.  

Momentum changes constantly during almost any hockey game.  Sounds like you expect nothing less than NHL Blackhawks vs Bloomington Jefferson Mites C total domination every single game.  

I will... you let me know when the perfect-in-your-eyes UND hockey players ever take a shift off... deal?

9 minutes ago, willythekid said:

You can call it a hyperbole all you want... Whatever you may want to think, this team's effort has been very lackadaisical at times this season.   Being swept by a very good DU team isn't the end of the world but UND definitely has some elements of their game that need improving if they want to have any chance of making a run for number 8.

You know the opposition has some say in who wins right? Remember who won both games in GF against Denver? Would you feel better if both series were split each weekend instead of the split that happened?

My god, relax!

Had chances but weren't able to cash in on them and DU's goalie made some big stops as well. A few defensive coverage breakdowns again and DU took advantage of them while Cam wasn't really able to come up with a key save. The powerplay generated some very good chances this weekend but going forward we have to be able to get some goals out of it and not just good chances. Pretty confident the few issues we saw this weekend like defensive coverage at times will be addressed and corrected this week and we will see a Fighting Sioux win over Duluth come Friday night.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Speaking of Blackhawks, when the ledgies on here get whipped up after a loss, I think maybe they will rise to a panic level of Hawks fans on HFBoards.  But then they can never quite get there.  

I pray we don't have to play Michigan in the NCAA's.  With our "opposing team top line issues", that Connor/Compher/Motte (CCM Line ;) ) would light us up good.  Motte has 27 goals and Connor has 22 goals...yowzers.

Should be an interesting week of practice.
I'm anxious to see how the team responds at home against Duluth.

Not a good weekend, but we can hope that they put it past them and get ticked off to go on a run.
Go Sioux/Hawks.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I pray we don't have to play Michigan in the NCAA's.  With our "opposing team top line issues", that Connor/Compher/Motte (CCM Line ;) ) would light us up good.  Motte has 27 goals and Connor has 22 goals...yowzers.

Should be an interesting week of practice.
I'm anxious to see how the team responds at home against Duluth.

Not a good weekend, but we can hope that they put it past them and get ticked off to go on a run.
Go Sioux/Hawks.

This might sound stupid but I am not sold on that line. They put up decent but not great stats to start the year and then suddenly became the best line in the country once Big 10 play started. I wonder why that is. I watched a lot of the Wisconsin-Michigan game and it looked like both teams were skating in slush and Michigan's defensemen are clueless.

• Downvote 1

Some of the conversation of Berry with TH:
Too much lateral play especially in the 2nd period.
Things to learn from this weekend and fix gotta get back on track.
Faceoffs a point of emphasis not just centers but wings coverage too. Lost too many tonight end up chasing puck all the time.
D spread too wide on the breakaway pass to Moore, shoulda been inside dots, too big of lane.
Need to play with a lead that's when we've been most successful, hard to chase the game all weekend.
Feels that adversity is good for the team to face if you handle it well and this is a strong group that will do that.

Just now, bigskyvikes said:

You know the opposition has some say in who wins right? Remember who won both games in GF against Denver? Would you feel better if both series were split each weekend instead of the split that happened?

My god, relax!

7a48c9bbc6e817ed8e3dd44c3efd5c00.jpg

This made me laugh... like somehow I won't  sleep good tonight or something.

You know, forums like SS and the live chat are supposed to be places where fans can express opinions openly (right or wrong) but sometimes people forget that.  If you want to believe this team is the hardest working bunch of skaters this side of the '80 olympic team, go right ahead.  From what I see, this team's effort lacks at times.

• Upvote 1

NCHC parity....

Disappointing weekend, no doubt about that. I'm sure Denver felt the same when they were swept by UND and SCSU in back to back weekends. Things are clicking for them now. Maybe UND will have a chance at having the last laugh.

UND has to rise above the setback. Duluth is going to be wanting points next weekend just as much.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, willythekid said:

7a48c9bbc6e817ed8e3dd44c3efd5c00.jpg

This made me laugh... like somehow I won't  sleep good tonight or something.

You know, forums like SS and the live chat are supposed to be places where fans can express opinions openly (right or wrong) but sometimes people forget that.  If you want to believe this team is the hardest working bunch of skaters this side of the '80 olympic team, go right ahead.  From what I see, this team's effort lacks at times.

This made me laugh, telling me you are calm as your toes are hanging over the edge! "Believing the team...."  is not what I'm doing, but thinking a team should be undefeated is silly. Yea yea I know, if it was a good loss you would feel better, as if those really happen. I understand hockey teams do lose, maybe you need to understand that? Carry on...