SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

31 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

Hell of an entertaining game last night. Clean a little d stuff up and it's a split tonight 

5-4 nodak 

If UND gives up 4 goals tonight they get swept and then there will be some valid concerns with the defense and/or goaltending. 

D will be better and Cam will be sharper.

4-2 Sioux

43 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pairwise:

St Cloud #1

UND #3

More of a benefit for UND to be #1 seed but not at the X or a #2 seed at the X?

There is not a way for St. Cloud to take over first in the pairwise unless there is a 3 way tie or Quinnipiac drops out of the top 3 in rpi.   They cannot overcome Quinnipiac's comparison win versus them since they have the same record against common opponents with no more common opponents coming up and they were swept by Quinnipiac earlier in the year.  The only way they end up first is if Quinnipiac begins losing and falls back in the rpi, thus losing pairwise comparisons to multiple teams other than St. Cloud, or if there is a 3 way tie as there was last night briefly, where the tie is broken by rpi.

But to answer your question I would say a game in the cities in front of a home crowd would be more of a benefit.

8 minutes ago, siouxu31 said:

There is not a way for St. Cloud to take over first in the pairwise unless there is a 3 way tie or Quinnipiac drops out of the top 3 in rpi.   They cannot overcome Quinnipiac's comparison win versus them since they have the same record against common opponents with no more common opponents coming up and they were swept by Quinnipiac earlier in the year.  The only way they end up first is if Quinnipiac begins losing and falls back in the rpi, thus losing pairwise comparisons to multiple teams other than St. Cloud, or if there is a 3 way tie as there was last night briefly, where the tie is broken by rpi.

But to answer your question I would say a game in the cities in front of a home crowd would be more of a benefit.

You're right on with the Pairwise comment. If the Gophers win the Little 6, I might be nervous being in St. Paul as a 1 seed. We have lost to a bad Little 6 team on a Friday this year before :D

Just talked to the manager at Joe Sensers in Bloomington MN where we usually watch UND hockey and they said that ROOT sports can only be viewed on Direct tv 683 & DISH Network 5414 in the ROOT sports viewing area.  Does this sound right? We watched the Denver game there last year on ROOT sports I believe  but they said that things have changed since last year. HELP

8 minutes ago, missbee said:

Just talked to the manager at Joe Sensers in Bloomington MN where we usually watch UND hockey and they said that ROOT sports can only be viewed on Direct tv 683 & DISH Network 5414 in the ROOT sports viewing area.  Does this sound right? We watched the Denver game there last year on ROOT sports I believe  but they said that things have changed since last year. HELP

I guess I don't know if it's actually going to play, but on my DirecTV guide, Root Sports Rocky Mountain shows the game tonight at 8pm.  I have the Sports Pak from DirecTV, so I'm assuming I should be getting it.  I don't know why I wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pairwise:

St Cloud #1

UND #3

More of a benefit for UND to be #1 seed but not at the X or a #2 seed at the X?

I'd say it is more about the matchup than anything else for me. If it is between being the #2 at the X and facing someone like Boston U, Michigan, or Notre Dame or being the #1 in Cincy and getting a Robert Morris, Cornell, or Penn State I'd prefer being the #1 in Cincy. 

3 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Ladue struggled a little bit last night, good that shaw will get a chance

I think the game usually comes pretty easy for a guy like Ladue...  was he lazy last night?  Maybe at times...  It might do him good to watch another D-man (Shaw) play his position with (hopefully) fire in his belly.   As disappointing as last night was, it was an epic college hockey game.