SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-4) vs Weber (8-1)

SWSiouxMN

I have been critical of Jones at times but to suggest that many of us want to team to lose is ludicrous.  The team played very well and I have no complaints about Jones' coaching today.  He did a fine job! 

I am very excited about this team's future.  If we could find another power forward to add some more depth, we could be awfully good the next few years.   

• Upvote 3

Football players were insanely good the whole game.  They brought an atmosphere to the Betty that has been sorely missing. Now if the rest of the student body follows their lead, we might be on to something.

I think they may have ticked off a few stick-in-the mud fans in the building with there "Go Hawks" chants in the second half.  It was kind of amusing.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Football players were insanely good the whole game.  They brought an atmosphere to the Betty that has been sorely missing. Now if the rest of the student body follows their lead, we might be on to something.

I think they may have ticked off a few stick-in-the mud fans in the building with there "Go Hawks" chants in the second half.  It was kind of amusing.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere that the football team brought into the building today. This needs to continue. 

As for the nickname thing, people need to catch up with the times or else it will leave them in the dust. Living in the past or solely focusing on minority ice sports will only slow UND athletics' progress as a whole. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I have been critical of Jones at times but to suggest that many of us want to team to lose is ludicrous.  The team played very well and I have no complaints about Jones' coaching today.  He did a fine job! 

I am very excited about this team's future.  If we could find another power forward to add some more depth, we could be awfully good the next few years.   

SHIELDS!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Yep, I thought the FB boys were great.   The "swim" move during free throws, the thong shot, the chants, and riding the Weber bench pretty hard.  The BBall players were down in the midst of them 5 minutes after the game was over, so you know they appreciated it.  Fun to see the team taking turns with Loyal's flag.   Good to see.   Very good game to watch.

14 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Good point!!!

Anyone have any idea if Keinan Walter might be ready to go next year as maybe that complement to Drick at forward? He's 6-8 and built a bit like Shields was. Although I have no idea if he can jump out of the gym like Shields could.  We also add Wheeler and Brown at guard spot and should get Cashman back inside for depth. 

A side note:  we won this week despite a quiet two games from Baldwin. Thank goodness for McBuckets 2.0!