SiouxSports.com Forum

If Big Ten Offers UND Should They Join?

Cratter

If Big Ten Offers UND Should They Join?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. If Big Ten hockey decides to expand and potentially offer UND, would you like UND to abandon the NCHC and join the Big Ten?

• No
    • Yes

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

I'm not sure he necessarily hates UND or its hockey team.  Now, I'm pretty sure he isn't real fond of us, the fans.  :lol:

Actually, I think it's a very smart move. Blogs are paid by page views. The more page view and sessions your blog gets the more money you make. So, if you attack a rabid fan base, that's how you get hits. I actually sat next to him last weekend at the U18's. Puck Daddy's Adam Lambert does the same thing from time to time. Just for the record, Dilks is very quite guy. He seemed okay to me.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

IMO, NCHC had 3 best teams in the country St Cloud, Denver, UND

Sorry about. I should have been more clear.  In MHO, I am agreeing with you. I do think they were the three best teams in the country this season.

22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:
22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

15 minutes ago, Goon said:

In MHO, I think they were the three best teams in the country this season.

So Barn had an opinion, the difference with Goon was that his opinion was "humble"  . . . ?

• Upvote 1

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/04/20/report-big-ten-football-basketball-moving-to-fox-sports-from-espn/

I know it is B10 football and basketball but does anyone think this might affect hockey? UND isn't going to the B10 unless it gets TV revenue and with the Midco contract coming up, does UND take everything in-house and sign a deal with Fox? 

I just saw this and it got 500 questions running through my head all at once! :blink:

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, siouxkid12 said:

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/04/20/report-big-ten-football-basketball-moving-to-fox-sports-from-espn/

I know it is B10 football and basketball but does anyone think this might affect hockey? UND isn't going to the B10 unless it gets TV revenue and with the Midco contract coming up, does UND take everything in-house and sign a deal with Fox? 

I just saw this and it got 500 questions running through my head all at once! :blink:

This is a very good question and it would be cool if we did that.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So will we get to see how awesome Thursday/Friday or Friday/Sunday games are when UND travels to Minnesota next year as I believe they have a home football game that Saturday.

So does this mean the rivalry is "healthy" again? #Luciaisapotzer

On 4/22/2016 at 3:27 PM, Cratter said:

So will we get to see how awesome Thursday/Friday or Friday/Sunday games are when UND travels to Minnesota next year as I believe they have a home football game that Saturday.

Friday-Sunday is certainly not out of the question. The game is against Purdue, though, meaning it could very likely be an 11am kickoff, which should leave just enough time to allow parking spots and congestion on the campus to clear up enough to allow the hockey game to continue. If the hockey game is still going to be played on Saturday plan accordingly, because it'll be a complete crap shoot there until any time between 4-6 (depending on how many people stay around campus to eat and/or watch the hockey game) and may be very difficult to find parking until that time. Light rail might be the best idea if you want to be down there early for food and drinks.

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

That's so stupid, the biggest home game for the Gophers in the past few years and they might move it to some "$h!t" time!  It just shows that UND should not join the B10 (not that they ever were anyway). When the conference values other sports over hockey, you just say no!

Gopher football sucks and college hockey is to be played Friday/Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

All B1G Hockey bashing aside, you really can't understand from a business perspective why they wouldn't want to maximize their potential? 

Their "sucky" B1G football squad averages 50k in paid attendance.

EDIT:  Furthermore, I would say they are giving UND and their own hockey squad a ton of credit by saying they don't want the hockey game to affect their football attendance and vice versa.

Ah yes, but what are the prices of the tickets going to be for the hockey game v the football game.

2 minutes ago, joeyjr said:

Ah yes, but what are the prices of the tickets going to be for the hockey game v the football game.

Huh?  If you are trying to argue with yourself, have at it. 

You are proving my point as to why they don't want to have them competing against each other.  Why would they?

55 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

All B1G Hockey bashing aside, you really can't understand from a business perspective why they wouldn't want to maximize their potential? 

Their "sucky" B1G football squad averages 50k in paid attendance.

EDIT:  Furthermore, I would say they are giving UND and their own hockey squad a ton of credit by saying they don't want the hockey game to affect their football attendance and vice versa.

Is your first sentence a statement or a question? 

Having UND in town is going to affect their attendance/revenue at both sporting events.

On 4/20/2016 at 2:29 PM, Goon said:

Actually, I think it's a very smart move. Blogs are paid by page views. The more page view and sessions your blog gets the more money you make. So, if you attack a rabid fan base, that's how you get hits. I actually sat next to him last weekend at the U18's. Puck Daddy's Adam Lambert does the same thing from time to time. Just for the record, Dilks is very quite guy. He seemed okay to me.

I'm glad you liked him, but everything I've ever read by him suggests he's a douche. He's also a twitter egg who writes for a blog that's not very funny or original, but predicates itself on being being both.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Huh?  If you are trying to argue with yourself, have at it. 

You are proving my point as to why they don't want to have them competing against each other.  Why would they?

I'm not arguing with everyone? I was just saying that you can't get a completely clear assessment of value based solely on attendance (or solely on price for that matter, they work hand in hand to some degree). But yeah, obviously they don't want them competing. They want to sell out both and probably are thinking about logistics a little too.

Just now, joeyjr said:

I'm not arguing with everyone? I was just saying that you can't get a completely clear assessment of value based solely on attendance (or solely on price for that matter, they work hand in hand to some degree).

And again, I'm not arguing with you...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Is your first sentence a statement or a question? 

Having UND in town is going to affect their attendance/revenue at both sporting events.

Another possible issue, Vikings play Detroit at noon on Sunday in Minneapolis