SiouxSports.com Forum

One last screw job by the ncaa

gfhockey

Can you stop being bitter about our old nickname ?

we did everything u want

beat an fbs team

got 7 d1 wins

changed out gawking nickname 

whR else u want us to do

quit drinking?

thas not going to happen 

Beating Wyoming means you should be punching your ticket to the FCS playoffs?  UND lost to the last place team in its own conference.  Ballgame.  

• Upvote 1

7-4 is better than 6-5. Period. 

UND got screwed.

dont play that Idaho state/Weber state !@#$. UND didn't have their starting QB or best defensive back 

LOL.  How'd Alabama do with a 3rd string QB last season?  How about Baylor yesterday?  NDSU since Wentz went out?

7-4 is better than 6-5.  Yea, Houston has only 1 loss this season too.  Are they better than 2 loss Michigan or TCU?  No way. 

• Upvote 1

LOL.  How'd Alabama do with a 3rd string QB last season?  How about Baylor yesterday?  NDSU since Wentz went out?

7-4 is better than 6-5.  Yea, Houston has only 1 loss this season too.  Are they better than 2 loss Michigan or TCU?  No way. 

Whats your problem? Read Dom Izzo's stuff if you need to.  UND was clearly a better selection then WIU and EIU.  End of story.  

• Upvote 2

Whats your problem? Read Dom Izzo's stuff if you need to.  UND was clearly a better selection then WIU and EIU.  End of story.  

Nothing wrong with a 7-4 season in year two of the Bubba regime.  Playoffs would have been a bonus.  Disappointed, sure, but hardly a total screw-job.  I think WIU had a better argument than EIU.

Dude - in the history of FCS - I think maybe 2 or 3 teams with 6-5 record have made it into the playoffs...

Look at:

WIU - Beat SDSU yesterday in OT, UNI, and EIU

EIU - Beat two teams with a winning record.  Both non playoff teams - Ten Martin and EKU

What does the comparison of Bama and Baylor have to do with anything at the FCS level - wow

Edited by FSSD
  • Upvote 2

What does the comparison of Bama and Baylor have to do with anything at the FCS level - wow

A different poster wanted a mulligan for UND for the Idaho State and Weber State losses.  Good teams seem to overcome key injuries.  I think if UND wins one of those two games, EIU is sitting at home for the playoffs.

I already pointed out that EIU's argument for being included is not as good as 6-5 WIU's.  

To be fair, I was replying to the quote where you said UND lost to the last place team in the conference and followed with "Ballgame", which is why we do not need to go any further than comparing our resume than to EIU's.  

With regard to WIU, your comparing wins against WYO and Portland State to wins against SDSU and N. Iowa.  Those are probably pretty comparable, but I would take the WYO and PSU wins both on the road on top of the better overall record.  

No doubt it is inexcusable to lose to Idaho State at home and that is the reason why we sit where we do today, but I don't think the committee was justified in making that decision.

Those two fourth quarter losses, especially at home to a terrible Idaho st. team, were really bad losses. The only remaining game that may have helped nd recover from those losses was ar Montana, and that didn't happen.

That said, this closed door process of selecting at large teams sucks

Edited by sprig
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like a lot of arguing in circles here.

Did UND get screwed? Absolutely!

Did UND put itself into being a bubble team rather than a easy in, by blowing leads to idaho st and weber st. Yes!

Ultimately, E Illinois has no business in the playoffs. Western really doesn't either, but UND could have done a lot to solidify their position by closing out those two games.

Good news it the team seemed to fix that towards the end of their season. Bet they have a BIG chip on their shoulder next season.

• Upvote 4

Sounds like a lot of arguing in circles here.

Did UND get screwed? Absolutely!

Did UND put itself into being a bubble team rather than a easy in, by blowing leads to idaho st and weber st. Yes!

Ultimately, E Illinois has no business in the playoffs. Western really doesn't either, but UND could have done a lot to solidify their position by closing out those two games.

Good news it the team seemed to fix that towards the end of their season. Bet they have a BIG chip on their shoulder next season.

I agree with this.  Much like the last team left out of the basketball tournament, there are always plenty of opportunities that have been missed that said team controlled, but did not do what needed to be done.  I'm just a little bit grouchy about how a couple of the selections were made.  Overall I'm very happy with a 7-4 season.  I have had the outlook for a while now that it would only be a matter of time until we reached a consistent playoff caliber level. This team's future is very, very bright

Edited by NYSioux
quote did not show up in original post

E Ill got in because of conference politics.  They probably took our spot.

With Portland St and S Utah getting Big Sky bids, they don't have a yearly track record like EWU and MSU.  Getting three "new" teams was too much for the Sky.  Realize SUU has been in before, but they are not consistent and are a weak for BSC autobid. 

Fordham went 9-2 with a win against FBS Army.  Realize they play in the relatively weak Patriot League, but they deserved to get in over EIU too.