SiouxSports.com Forum

Stadium speculation

Cratter

OK, I'll admit I chirped an opposing kicker from the north catwalk in Mussman's last home game. 

I chirped him about "don't push it" and "don't leave the club face open" as UNC lined up for a 30 yard FG to go into halftime

It was quite satisfying to have him kick the ball right at me, ... outside the (his) right post. He "left the club face open". He'd pushed it. 

The guys around me (including a GF cop) erupted in laughter with me. 

I got a "gesture" from the kicker. ;) 

• Upvote 1

The catwalk may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it appears we have some catwalk fans. Here's my controversial hot take going into the weekend, the Alerus catwalk is everything I wish the bars at the Ralph would be.  Uglier? For sure. But it keeps you as engaged, if not more with the game, with all same same essentials, friends in groups and alcohol. It also has two cool things that the Ralph bar doesn't, visibility to the playing surface (granted if you have seats in the bar this could be different, but personally, I am stuck behind that metal railing with the rest of us commoners) and a conveniently placed dip and dots vendor. 

Go UND Catwalkers

• Upvote 3

The fact that the Alerus Center thought it was a better idea to put 2 big Alerus Center logos at midfield on the new turf instead of the interlocking ND logo really shows their their lack of effort to make the Alerus Center to home of UND football.

This still bothers me to this day.

The Alerus Center staff treats their main tenant, UND football, like absolute !@#$.

Its unacceptable. I have gripes about the building itself also (mainly a lack of endzone seating), but the lack of pregrame production (lights need to go off!) and UND signage/posters irritates me more than anything. It all comes down to effort, which is minimal at best. The video boards were a huge plus, though. 

• Upvote 2

OK, I'll admit I chirped an opposing kicker from the north catwalk in Mussman's last home game. 

I chirped him about "don't push it" and "don't leave the club face open" as UNC lined up for a 30 yard FG to go into halftime

It was quite satisfying to have him kick the ball right at me, ... outside the (his) right post. He "left the club face open". He'd pushed it. 

The guys around me (including a GF cop) erupted in laughter with me. 

I got a "gesture" from the kicker. ;) 

any chance it was a thumbs up or a friendly wave?

The catwalk is hands down the best "seat" in the house.  Last time I sat in my designated seat was the quarter final game vs grand valley st.  I'm loud and proud and was asked by the gal behind me to sit down!? I will sit down at home not here. 

If they made one side of the stadium general admission, to where you could group up with 10-20 friends, them I might make an exception and not use the catwalk.  Until then, the catwalk is much to fun and to be able to hassle the opposing players and to see their expressions is priceless.  Last week I received the bird from one of mont st players.....haha...

• Upvote 3

They need to do the simple things that help. Ok You wanna sell beer in the catwalk, Ok you wanna point it toward the field making the line in front of it directly block the walkway. 

At least put a small crowd control "rope" directing the people in line to the side and not directly in front blocking the walkway. 

Minor things, but they are somewhat problematic with only 8,000 people. Couldn't imagine the clusterfu*k with 13,000.

The catwalk is hands down the best "seat" in the house.  Last time I sat in my designated seat was the quarter final game vs grand valley st.  I'm loud and proud and was asked by the gal behind me to sit down!? I will sit down at home not here. 

If they made one side of the stadium general admission, to where you could group up with 10-20 friends, them I might make an exception and not use the catwalk.  Until then, the catwalk is much to fun and to be able to hassle the opposing players and to see their expressions is priceless.  Last week I received the bird from one of mont st players.....haha...

Keep up the good work!

They need to do the simple things that help. Ok You wanna sell beer in the catwalk, Ok you wanna point it toward the field making the line in front of it directly block the walkway. 

At least put a small crowd control "rope" directing the people in line to the side and not directly in front blocking the walkway. 

Minor things, but they are somewhat problematic with only 8,000 people. Couldn't imagine the clusterfu*k with 13,000.

I would like to see the clusterf**k with 13,000!

• Upvote 1

Question for you guys. I have some relatives (by marriage) that are NDSU fans. They claim that the Alerus can't host playoff games cause the ceiling isn't high enough. Has anyone else heard this before? I know it's not correct but you can't argue with children, women and the mentally challenged. Bison fans are in all those categories. 

Question for you guys. I have some relatives (by marriage) that are NDSU fans. They claim that the Alerus can't host playoff games cause the ceiling isn't high enough. Has anyone else heard this before? I know it's not correct but you can't argue with children, women and the mentally challenged. Bison fans are in all those categories. 

Would there be higher height requirements than all the D2 playoff games? A punt is a punt? If they can't host playoff games there, there probably wasn't a point in changing the nickname.

• Upvote 1

Completely false.

The ceiling is more than elevated enough.

Stupid.  Goodness gracious

I almost guarantee someone said that out of pure (poor) speculation, and it somehow transpired among bison fans (I married into some bison fans too) into a general undisputable fact.

Question for you guys. I have some relatives (by marriage) that are NDSU fans. They claim that the Alerus can't host playoff games cause the ceiling isn't high enough. Has anyone else heard this before? I know it's not correct but you can't argue with children, women and the mentally challenged Bison fans are in all those categories. 

Wow!!!!   Just wow!!  

I almost guarantee someone said that out of pure (poor) speculation, and it somehow transpired among bison fans (I married into some bison fans too) into a general undisputable fact.

Its the same fanbase full of crap you hear that UND politically held NDSU back from their rightful place.  If it wasn't for UND'S politicking, NDSU would be in the Big 12, as they would be the equivalent of Kansas St and Iowa St.  That justifies their hatred of UND in their eyes, as NDSU was oppressed for years by UND.

• Upvote 1

They claim they aren't afraid of UND regaining it's mojo in FB, but stupid comments like this prove otherwise. Bubba was part of the staff that rebuilt the program in the 1990's, was part of the staff that brought home the 2001 D-2 National Championship and now is in charge of the program. That is why they are putting out baloney like this.