SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State

ClassB

Totally, agree with this! I don't think doing this would mean they couldn't utilize Studsrud, or find a way to work him into the game plan, but we need a competent passing game. Especially with how good our run game has been. I think our receivers are only going to get better with Dulin playing next year, and the kid from Red Wing coming in. Hopefully Luke Stanley improves too. We need someone to get these guys the ball.

Receiver is a weak spot in my opinion, also. The freshmen already committed look good at WR, but I still think another top WR prospect is necessary to add; even another RB. Bottom line, the skill positions are not set yet, including defense (defensive back).

Receiver is a weak spot in my opinion, also. The freshmen already committed look good at WR, but I still think another top WR prospect is necessary to add; even another RB. Bottom line, the skill positions are not set yet, including defense (defensive back).

Won't argue you there, I think we could totally use some depth, and maybe a more established transfer. I would really like to see them work Iwarri Smith in at WR, given the amount they are using him at RB. Plus if Neverman is back next year, would could use Smith's athleticism elsewhere. Heck, wasn't he a potential on defense at one point? Could he play safety? I just think since we pull the redshirt, he needs to be on the field more than he has.

Won't argue you there, I think we could totally use some depth, and maybe a more established transfer. I would really like to see them work Iwarri Smith in at WR, given the amount they are using him at RB. Plus if Neverman is back next year, would could use Smith's athleticism elsewhere. Heck, wasn't he a potential on defense at one point? Could he play safety? I just think since we pull the redshirt, he needs to be on the field more than he has.

I believe Iwarri played much more on D than he did on offense in HS. But, I agree with using his speed at WR 

Scary matchup!   Mont st is all but guaranteed to score 35-40 pts.  They've done it all yr.   Hate to be a broken record, but the injuries have completely decimated the team.  Two ways und can pull it out:  1) Rudolph grows up and actually calls a good game all the while adjusting to whatever mont st d gives us:  and 2) turnovers , both ways!  Hold onto the ball, no int and how about the d create some turnovers!  

What would we as fans and mont st d do if Rudolph opened the 2nd half with 10-15 straight passes??  all dump downs, nothing deep, keep it simple.   Abuse the te usage  

For some reason I have a good feeling about this game.

Against ISU, Weber and Montana I had bad gut feelings and that's the way they turned out. I even posted in the ISU thread that I had a bad feeling. 

Hopefully my gut feelings stay on point this week.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game as well... Let's remember last years game in Bozeman... The UND D held MSU to their 2nd lowest yardage total in Big Sky or playoff games, 329 yds... Their 29 points was 4th out of 10 games vs Big Sky teams & playoff vs SDSU.  Montana held MSU to 314 yds & 7 pts in their game @ Wa-Griz, that MSU played w/out star QB Dakota Prukop.  Let's remember that UND played MSU in the 5th game of the year when our running game was almost non-existent. UND ran for 71 yds against the 'Cats last year.

I expect a heavy, heavy dose of Santiago and Oliveria this game... Like to see each with 20+ carries.  If we can get any resemblance of a passing game going against their porous D, (Just enough to keep 'em honest). UND should be able to hang.  Heck, even if they sell out against the run, can they stop it? Obviously, their passing game against the current state of our D scares the hell outta me too.  Let's pin the ears back & bring the pressure against Prukop. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game as well... Let's remember last years game in Bozeman... The UND D held MSU to their 2nd lowest yardage total in Big Sky or playoff games, 329 yds... Their 29 points was 4th out of 10 games vs Big Sky teams & playoff vs SDSU.  Montana held MSU to 314 yds & 7 pts in their game @ Wa-Griz, that MSU played w/out star QB Dakota Prukop.  Let's remember that UND played MSU in the 5th game of the year when our running game was almost non-existent. UND ran for 71 yds against the 'Cats last year.

I expect a heavy, heavy dose of Santiago and Oliveria this game... Like to see each with 20+ carries.  If we can get any resemblance of a passing game going against their porous D, (Just enough to keep 'em honest). UND should be able to hang.  Heck, even if they sell out against the run, can they stop it? Obviously, their passing game against the current state of our D scares the hell outta me too.  Let's pin the ears back & bring the pressure against Prukop. 

I like the idea, but it didn't quite work that way against ISU in the 4th quarter. How does their defense compare? 

Santiago must have made quite an impression on the Griz.  They have a topic on their board stating an over or under of Santiago rushing for 200 yards.  Many have the over by the end of the first half. 

Would that be sweet.  I do think Santiago will break a couple of long runs.

Our great rushing needs to continue and I think will have no problem. I think there is a real possibility Santiago runs for over 200. All we need is for the few passing plays to be successful and then we should be able to play the offensive shootout. All our defense has to play is good. They don't need to shut out msu but they need to stop some drives. This game is when we will see certain guys step up and show their development. We also need to create some turnovers and it's bound to happen with our luck. If we also quit fumbling the dam ball it would help greatly. Thank god this game is at home!

Our great rushing needs to continue and I think will have no problem. I think there is a real possibility Santiago runs for over 200. All we need is for the few passing plays to be successful and then we should be able to play the offensive shootout. All our defense has to play is good. They don't need to shut out msu but they need to stop some drives. This game is when we will see certain guys step up and show their development. We also need to create some turnovers and it's bound to happen with our luck. If we also quit fumbling the dam ball it would help greatly. Thank god this game is at home!

Need more balance offensively and can't give up the big play on defense. 

UND wins if they do that and win the turnover battle.

I believe Iwarri played much more on D than he did on offense in HS. But, I agree with using his speed at WR 

how about moving him to safety next year AND redshirting him.  With nevermann and the wisco kid seacrest coming in I just don't see a lot of RB time in his future.  He could still run the ocassioal sweep.

• Upvote 1

how about moving him to safety next year AND redshirting him.  With nevermann and the wisco kid seacrest coming in I just don't see a lot of RB time in his future.  He could still run the ocassioal sweep.

You can't just redshirt someone after they start playing. They have to have a medical redshirt once their playing time has started.

• Downvote 1

You can't just redshirt someone after they start playing. They have to have a medical redshirt once their playing time has started.

You can't call it a redshirt season once he plays in a season unless he is awarded a medical redshirt. You can use the actual redshirt in any season, as was said you have 5 to play 4.