Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

Just voted in this poll same as I voted earlier this week in the real vote for Nodaks.  born and raised in North Dakota and UND grad. I liked hearing Nodak in the Vermont game.

fixed it for ya

Just voted in this poll same as I voted earlier this week in the real vote for Nodaks.  born and raised in North Dakota and UND grad. I liked hearing Nodaks in the Vermont game.

I don't understand why we don't get computer election results once the votes are in.  Even in a logistical nightmare like a presidential election there are election night celebrations. Guess the computer needs all weekend to perform a task as complicated as counting.

I don't understand why we don't get computer election results once the votes are in.  Even in a logistical nightmare like a presidential election there are election night celebrations. Guess the computer needs all weekend to perform a task as complicated as counting.

Maybe the University wants to announce the results during normal hours, rather than having some computer generated announcement in the middle of the night on Friday night, when almost no one is paying attention. A presidential election is a little more important and relevant to a lot more people, so people and the news services are actually working those late hours to get the results out to the public. Not a lot of news is reported between 5 pm on Friday and Monday morning, in large part because not a lot of people are paying attention to the news.

i've said at the beginning that those are good numbers up there...a lot of hockey only fans on here so i was thinking that nodaks (especially with the blessing of gods like brad berry/schollsman) would be way ahead on here...RR will win. if nodaks does i'm fine...

rough riders has lead every poll on this site by a wide margin, until now.

rough riders has lead every poll on this site by a wide margin, until now.

I think the hypothesis is that people on this site are far more aware than the general public of Nodaks' late push so Nodak would have risen more here than in the general public. We certainly saw posts in this thread where people said Nodaks wasn't their favorite, but they voted for it so as not to throw away their vote.

I'm among those who wonder if the actual result could be noticeably different from this poll, particularly in the "bottom 3" which received almost no votes here showing more strength (again, because people here gravitated toward the perceived winners). It'll be interesting to see what the final result is.

Edited by jimdahl

I think the hypothesis is that people on this site are far more aware than the general public of Nodaks' late push so Nodak would have risen more here than in the general public. We certainly saw posts in this thread where people said Nodaks wasn't their favorite, but they voted for it so as not to throw away their vote.

I'm among those who wonder if the actual result could be noticeably different from this poll, particularly in the "bottom 3" which received almost no votes here showing more strength (again, because people here gravitated toward the perceived winners). It'll be interesting to see what the final result is.

But are any of these five anyones favorite on here? Definitely not mine...

Its safe to say a majority settled when they voted.

• Upvote 1

not sure if I'm exactly following but what i meant was that I expected rough riders to lead this poll by double digits. Given that it is really close I am somewhat shocked. From what I've gathered there is a large nodak push and many of those folks don't come on this site. At least the ones I know.

not sure if I'm exactly following but what i meant was that I expected rough riders to lead this poll by double digits. Given that it is really close I am somewhat shocked. From what I've gathered there is a large nodak push and many of those folks don't come on this site. At least the ones I know.

Trying to explain differently, it's reasonable to guess that people on this site are the ones who most closely follow UND athletics, social media, etc..., so are more likely to jump on the late breaking Nodaks trend then a random alum in Florida who just got his ballot in his email and never heard any of that.

But, we're all just guessing. We all agree that people who voted in this poll might not be representative of the 80,000 who got to vote, so we're trying to guess in what ways the real outcome might differ.

wally did not elaborate... Went to a break and finished by saying, "ND vote ends tonight please please please don't let it be Nodaks"...

Doug McLeod said the same thing last night on FSN North.

Here is something McLeod wrote for FSN North.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/who-will-be-the-new-north-dakota-fighting-sioux-061715

Doug McLeod said the same thing last night on FSN North.

Here is something McLeod wrote for FSN North.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/who-will-be-the-new-north-dakota-fighting-sioux-061715

sorry, may have the name messed up, it was the goof game on FSN. I've been calling him the wrong name the whole time!! Isn't he the old radio guy that called the Sioux "hose heads"? Thanks for the heads up, sorry MM for the confusion...

sorry, may have the name messed up, it was the goof game on FSN. I've been calling him the wrong name the whole time!! Isn't he the old radio guy that called the Sioux "hose heads"? Thanks for the heads up, sorry MM for the confusion...

McLeod said it last weekend during the Duluth game "please don't pick NoDaks."

Wally most likely said "hose heads." 

McLeod said it last weekend during the Duluth game "please don't pick NoDaks."

Wally most likely said "hose heads." 

Oh, so we are tslking about two different times he said it. Last night he said it again, but I have been calling him Wally..ooops. Wally said the awful things years ago, I thought Mcloud was Wally...my bad. Can't stand either of em. Maybe that's why I thought they were the same guy..:lol: