SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber Game Thread

bincitysioux

Is there a football only crowd at UND? I don't understand the war that goes on here that seems to be started by football only fans. What's that about. I like all Sioux sports and will be at Missoula next week. Also went to the hockey game last night, and while I hoped to stream football on my phone, had to listen to streaming radio instead. Don't shoot me for liking hockey. I like football and BB as well.

Very disappointing losses the last two weeks, but it's the "football only" crowd on this forum that will eventually keep me away from the Alerus.

Edited by sprig
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is there a football only crowd at UND? I don't understand the war that goes on here that seems to be started by football only fans. What's that about. I like all Sioux sports and will be at Missoula next week. Also went to the hockey game last night, and while I hoped to stream football on my phone, had to listen to streaming radio instead. Don't shoot me for liking hockey. I like football and BB as well.

Very disappointing losses the last two weeks, but it's the "football only" crowd on this forum that will eventually keep me away from the Alerus.

Do you really think the FB fans in this thread brought up hockey?   No.  As usual its the other way around.  Go back and look before you start admonishing a fan base.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Do you really think the FB fans in this thread brought up hockey?   No.  As usual its the other way around.  Go back and look before you start admonishing a fan base.  

Goes both ways. Not sure why so many here seem to hate fans of Sioux hockey. With that said seems like the football team thinks it's a hockey game. They are playing only 3 periods.

Edited by sprig
  • Upvote 2

Settle down........I thought the "fan base" was that of ALL UND athletics? But as sprig noted maybe that's not the case...and trust me the same can by said of other sports at UND. 

I was at hockey last night as well....following FB via phone. Believe or not there are UND fans that are passionate for both sports. 

• Upvote 1

And correct me if I'm wrong but both last Saturday and yesterday wasn't it the exact same players and coaches in both games that built a double digit lead going into the 4th quarter and to give it up?  These last to games should have been wins...period. Needs to be some soul searching for all involved right now. This October could very likely wind up 1-4.

• Upvote 1

I was at hockey last night as well....following FB via phone. Believe or not there are UND fans that are passionate for both sports. 

Exactly. I really didn't know there was a "I like this UND sport but not that UND sport" contingent out there.

Frankly, I'm glad these people don't hang out with my crowd. We'd have to beat them to death with their own shoes.

• Upvote 2

Exactly. I really didn't know there was a "I like this UND sport but not that UND sport" contingent out there.

Frankly, I'm glad these people don't hang out with my crowd. We'd have to beat them to death with their own shoes.

Crazy stuff here, not sure why the division exists. I feel a bit like Old Time Hockey after last night (btw, his username doesn't mean he is hockey only, since he drives to football and was following last night). If I had to drive a distance to watch this team play I'd probably quit driving for this year (except for Missoula, although my expectations for the game are not to high).  And I am starting to feel like "at least there is hockey and BB season left for the rest of the winter". .But, since I don't have to drive, I'll be at the home games in spite of the performance the last 2 games. Hope I don't sit near someone complaining about hockey only fans.

Edited by sprig

Goes both ways. Not sure why so many here seem to hate fans of Sioux hockey. With that said seems like the football team thinks it's a hockey game. They are playing only 3 periods.

You are really reading this wrong and turning it into something it isn't.  I and others got after Old Time for immediately after the game saying he is turning to hockey now. 

I have never said anything about an entire faction of UNDs fan base being bad for another.   I watch 10+ hockey games per year on TV.  I watch every BB game on TV.  I watched VB.  I like UND alot.

I wasn't trying to divide.  

IIRC, this week's depth chart included 6 Seniors on each side of the ball in the 2 deep chart. 12 Seniors of a possible 44 spots (though I recall some guys were listed in more than one backup spot). Thus the team is still quite young. Is that an excuse-sure it is, but some excuses are relevant. The staff deserves at least a couple more recruiting years before we start condemning them.

And for the record, I am a UND fan, but one who for the last couple of years was disappointed in Haks results in hockey. I'm not adverse to judging a coach.

Not sure why you think "hockey-only" was directed at you then. Apparently you haven't noticed, but there are a lot of UND hockey fans who support ndsu in all other sports. There are a lot of UND hockey fans who just don't care about any other sports. There are also a lot of UND hockey fans who support UND football, basketball, volleyball, etc. Hockey has a lot of fans. Some support all sports at UND, some don't. The ones who don't can be very irritating to the ones who do. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe go to the Alerus, and not go to this forum.  Don't punish those kids (and yourself) because of some cyber-coaches.

i certainly don't take anything posted on a forum as anything more than light reading.  As a longtime MN Vikings fan, I stay a fan whether they are 3-13 or 13-3.

I'd be discouraged if they were losing games by twenty or thirty points every weekend.

• Upvote 2

Can we all agree that Mollberg deserves a shot since Bartels blew this game?

I absolutely knew this would come up, and I'd bet that Bubba knows Mollberg is worse than Bartels, or he would have played him.   I've never been overly impressed with Mollberg and we just have to hope Studs comes back pretty soon.   Sorry, but that's how I view it.

I didn't think it was directed at me. I just see "hockey only crowd" in many posts around here.  Understand hockey only bison fans, but just don't know any hockey only sioux fans .

I give up on the quote function in this forum, just can't make it work right from a phone

To 77iceman, you're right, forget the forum and go to the games

Edited by sprig

Crazy stuff here, not sure why the division exists. I feel a bit like Old Time Hockey after last night (btw, his username doesn't mean he is hockey only, since he drives to football and was following last night). If I had to drive a distance to watch this team play I'd probably quit driving for this year (except for Missoula, although my expectations for the game are not to high).  And I am starting to feel like "at least there is hockey and BB season left for the rest of the winter". .But, since I don't have to drive, I'll be at the home games in spite of the performance the last 2 games. Hope I don't sit near someone complaining about hockey only fans.

That was my point.  The football team had a legitimate chance at making the playoffs this year, but choked the last two winnable games away.  Now the playoffs are a distant longshot.  That was the basis of my "at least there's hockey" comment.  This is what set everyone off.  Some people like to blame the hockey program for the football programs current state.  It's almost like blaming the Bison for the same thing.  Football is struggling based on past bad decisions by the AD just as the men's BB program.  Why did Mussman have a job as long as he did?  Why does Brian Jones still have a job?  It sure isn't the hockey programs fault, but some on here could sure spin it that way.  

BTW I am a fan of Sioux football.  I grew up going to games as a kid in the 70's and 80's.  Hung on a goal post when we finally beat the Bison in the 90's.  I also flew on the teams charter to Florence when we won the national championship.  But I guess that doesn't exonerate me from being a "hockey only" fan.  Kinda funny I was called a troll last night.  

• Upvote 1

I didn't think it was directed at me. I just see "hockey only crowd" in many posts around here.  Understand hockey only bison fans, but just don't know any hockey only sioux fans .

I give up on the quote function in this forum, just can't make it work right from a phone

To 77iceman, you're right, forget the forum and go to the games

You are lucky or run with a good crowd if you don't know any hockey only Sioux fans.  

There is a guy I used to work with who was at UND at the same time I was and is a big hockey fan.  He loves to tell me every so often that he never went to a fb game when he was at UND and he knows I played fb for the Sioux.  Finally I called him out on it and asked if he was just trying to be an a-hole or what was his point.   He has stopped now. 

I follow all our teams from TC.   See 4-5 fb and about the same hockey games in person each year.  See a couple of men's and women's bb and a women's hockey game also.  Rest I watch or listen to on TV or on line when possible.  Last night watched hockey on line and listened to fb. 

I do know a number of hockey only people but no fb only.  I was in philly for most painful frozen four finish ever.  Lots of fb alums there supporting hockey team including Ira. Never heard anyone say r post they were giving up on hockey team after that tough loss. 

• Upvote 4

Lot's of reasons to stop the run first, but if you can't think of any I really don't have a lot of hope in your understanding of football in general.  Tough loss and I will agree the mental mistakes are a huge problem but this team is still leaps and bounds ahead of what it was 3 years ago. 

I think UND has a lot of crappy fans and it is one of the reasons I will take a break from the board from time to time because it gets old.  Hell, anyone that calls for a successful coach to be fired is a steaming pile and we have a lot of those at UND. 

• Upvote 1